Analog Four MK 2 + Peak Questions and your Tips & Tricks

Hi, hoping folks with this setup can help me past some challenges. I am using FX Track for sequencing my Novation Peak, with Audio routed back to Analog Four MK2:

1. With not being able to use the Analog Four MK2’s Arp, I’d like to use the Novation Peak’s Arp. But I noticed once I stop the sequence, the Novation Peak just keeps playing the sequence. Is there any way to stop the ARP on Novation Peak? Only way I found is to change the patch. I tried setting note length on trigs. This also seems to occur for any long sustain patches
  2. I noticed I can’t use the A4’s onboard keyboard, nor can I preview the entered note by holding the trig & pressing yes. Is there a way to enable that, or is that one of the MIDI limitations of A4?
  3. Has anyone tried using something like MIDIHUB or Soma Metaconformer in between?
  4. Any other tips/tricks folks discovered? This seems like a combo that makes it appearance more often than others.

Whoops - noticed that the condition of note not being shut off was when my patches had a “Key Latch” engaged. So first question is answered.

1. Using A4s minikeys is possible. You have to enable „send midi“ from your track. Thats under Func+Note at the very bottom.

That’s great to hear that it should work!! At the moment however, it doesn’t appear to be working for me. I tried switching to CV track, have it enabled, and when playing it don’t hear the sound. What’s interesting is that I can record notes using the mini keyboard (no sound when playing / recording, but I see trigs & can hear sound on playback. Hoping I’m just missing something?

Have you set: global->midi config->port config->output channel = track?

3 Likes

Yes, that’s it!! Thank you B_LD!!

1 Like

You‘re very welcome! :grin: