Analog Four/Keys OS 1.51: bug reports

Thanks a lot, guys! I was getting mad with it, A4 is my central gear brain, I do not know how could I mess up the workflow suddenly (though it’s been a personally hard month). Cheers, L.

2 Likes

BUG CONFIRMED BY SUPPORT, issue had been reported once before and they are hoping to fix it in the next update

Anyone else having this issue?

In the Control In 1(and 2) Mod Configuration page I can only have the incoming value set to Bipolar, Unipolar isn’t available as an option like it is in the Performance Macros where the Uni/Bi-Polar is toggled by pressing the level knob.

To Reproduce:

1. Press the Cog for Global settings, navigate to Control, then Control Input 1 and/or Control Input 2, set Mode to CV (not Expression).
  2. press kit
  3. select control in mod (1 and/or 2 I’m having the same problem in both)
  4. press the level knob and see if you can toggle the incoming value(left most meter like icon) from bipolar to unipolar or not.

I haven’t made a support ticket about this yet as they only seem to respond when theres a bug confirmation on Elektronauts anyway. Read on for my due diligence…

In the manual the diagram shows this screen in unipolar mode, and says “This modulation macro is configured the same way as a performance macro.” So I feel like it should be possible to choose either Bipolar or Unipolar.

When I press level knob in the menu the dialog pops up with the tickbox saying BIPOLAR but pressing again doesnt change it to Unipolar like it does in Performance Macro Configure. Seems like buggy behaviour to me.

!

I’ve been through the various menus about CV and Control Ins looking for the gotcha but haven’t had any luck.

Hey @LyingDalai , @avantronica or anyone else, can anyone confirm/deny the above posted bug report?

Hello! Anyone able to confirm/deny my buggy experience?

I know theres been a lot going on with e25 and the rytm update but life goes on.

Doesn’t seem anyone is in the mood for confirming the issue you’re describing at the moment. Did you, in the meantime, report this officially to Elektron?

I have just created a support ticket. You seem to be very experienced with the A4 Mk2 @B_LD, have you experimented with the Control Inputs?

No, I haven’t. This part of the A4 remains unchartered territory. I could just guess, but that’s rarely helpful.

What’s a typical use-case you’re having in mind? What does not work for you in the sense of modulation from the external?

Edit: FWIW I can confirm what you’re describing. Might have to do with CV-in being designed for bipolar signals only?

1 Like

Im using loopback from CVA and CVB into Control in 1 and 2. For sidechain ducking of synth tracks and FX levels. Either or both can be ducked with depths independent of each other.

Control input 1 modulates amp vol of each track, control input 2 modulates mix levels of chorus, delay and reverb.

Envelopes on the CV track are great for this and would otherwise go unused for me with no other CV gear to control.

I’m not sure if I would have twice (or even any more) the resolution if I can use the control ins in unipolar mode, and I’d like to know if thats meant to be possible or if its a bug that its only available in bipolar mode. My experience with modular/CV generally is pretty limited so if someone who has a solid understanding can tell me if I’m off track I’d be very appreciative.

That’s a nice trick. Like this?

I’m not the right person to ask apart from best guesses. But I’m sure Elektron will answer sooner oder later. My experience with support has always been excellent.

1 Like

Yes thats exactly it, I hadn’t seen that thread in particular so thank you. I’ll revisit it tomorrow but at first skim it doesnt answer my question… but there is a lot of detailed information there!!! Good to have it in one single post.

Highly recommend trying it out for yourself, I’ve already had very good results from it.

I use A4 with DT and do all my A4 muting from DT midi tracks via mute dest. I’ve set the mw and bc modulations to control the envelope depth of the CV track so I have remote control of the sidechain from DT without having to find my way into the CV envelope depths all the time. And can just mute the CV track sequencer whenever I want the ducking to stop suddenly.

1 Like

This is a bit out of topic. We never know when an upgrade is due until it’s out. That’s it.

1 Like

I have a track that is sending full to the reverb. But in the amp section Rev is set to 0. Is this a known issue / something I have misunderstood

Check your performance macros maybe?

1 Like

nothing active there

When you lower completely the Reverb volume, does the reverb sound disappear?

1 Like

Yes in the FX track if I lower reverb volume it dissapears - and changes in reverb settings affect the reverb that I’m hearing.

And Chorus / Delay send working as expected

If I loud another sound into the track it also works as expected :man_shrugging:

EDIT: fixed - was the second lfo page :sob:

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

So classic. That’s how one learns :sweat_smile:

True :sob: have spent many years eith Elektron devices - just my first A4 and hadn’t noticed the 2nd LFO page

You mean… You’ve just discovered you have 2 LFO pages?
Are you aware you have an extra ENV page as well?
:gift_heart:

1 Like