Analog Four/Keys 1.40 & Analog Rytm 1.50

This is what I was expecting. Otherwise it would not make too much sense. But, I found the update notes a bit misleading in that respect.

Unfortunately the Arp does not send MIDI out.

6 Likes

Indeed. Layering ext OSC sources for the A4/AK just got leveled up! Pretty easy to do now

1 Like

But chords per step track is possible, right?

1 Like

Scale per track - Finishing move.

2 Likes

oh wellā€¦ at least the sequencer now finally does. thanks for the reply!

1 Like

navigation through the sample is still different.
Digitakt: loop length + loop start
Rytm: loop start + loop end
canā€™t navigate through track with a specific looplength (like only size 1 for single cycle waveform)

it was posted last week that itā€™s on the way so i guess itā€™s in testing - catalina is out now so must be a priority

Iā€™m really excited to get home and play with this update. Mostly, Iā€™m interested in the random parameters function and the new improved graphics. Hereā€™s hoping that the Octatrack is next. It really need an updated graphical interface.

plus OT doing all the cymbals :wink:

3 Likes

The first thing im going to do with my free time is to get my LXR sonic potions connected with this and go nuts. It is a really good system however the internal sequencer can be a bit finnicky

Anyone know if the A4 master scale bug is fixed? Itā€™s the one that happens when you have different master scales on machines (i.e. A4 master scale of 128, change length 64 and say OT master 64, Change length 64) and the A4 would change pattern one bar behind.
Itā€™s not specifically mentioned but if scale per track is there, I hope it is.
Iā€™m hesitant to update in the middle of writing a big set to test myself.

2 Likes

Does this mean 12 MIDI out for RYTM !? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

agreed - but track level is quick enough for now, whilst leaving MIDI untouched

3 Likes

Choke groups, as I understand it, is still applicable to midi

Add step components now + stacked parameter conditions and every other sequencer manufacturer can kiss me goodbye, forever. :joy:

9 Likes

So is the RYTM freeze actually fixed now or what?

Yes, its in the list of bug fixes

3 Likes

Thank you thank you thank you Elektron!

Youā€™ve breathed new life into these machines. :heart_eyes:

QUESTIONS:

• What about program changes to choose a preset on the external gear youā€™re using?
  • Retriggers to output? No arp so I guess NO?
  • If I play the RYTM pads, will it go through the midi out or is it just what you insert in the sequencer?
  • If I play the RYTM chromaticly, will it go through the midi out? please yes
  • Can you choose/assing a midi channel to each rytm track?