Analog Four keeps changing sounds [resolved, was using a single kit]

Hello!

I was wondering if you can help me out. I have finally got myself A4 but it behaves strangely. May be you can help me out.

If I work with B1 sequence for example. I play the notes in, choose the sounds and change them a bit. Then I start working with B2 sequence, do the same thing. And if I return to B1, machine has changed all my sounds. So frustrating. I had Digitone for a while and it never did so. Am I missing something here or it the unit faulty?

THanks,
Dave

Save the kit (= all sound, fx, performance parameters…) used with B1, and save the modified sounds for B2 as another kit.

5 Likes

The A4 stores its sounds in kits, whereas with the Digitone and Digitakt they are stored per pattern. If you want to have separate sounds on a new pattern, you need to use a new kit with it. I actually prefer the A4’s workflow, as it means sounds stay consistent between patterns, but YMMV. Check out kits in the manual.

4 Likes

Oh ok. That’s why. I had Digitone for some time and I thought the workflow is exactly the same. Now I see.

Thanks!

You can get the same behavior as the Digi series by loading @void’s “Tabula rasa” sysex project that establishes a one to one relationship between Patterns and Kits.
This file can be found somewhere in the forum, it’s too tedious to do it yourself.

3 Likes

Is that still compatible with the current OS Versions?

Good question.
Can’t find it anywhere anyway.
Someone has to generate it again I guess ^^

1 Like