Analog Four : How to remove drums from a single track?

maybe delay feedback on the fx track. go to fx track and than to delay page, feedback should be right there…

2 Likes

Hey Thanks (that was quick). I was able to kill the FX with hitting Stop a few times… weird. It seems to build up like my original LFO problem/question I had asked about . Will mess around with FB and see how active it becomes. Also… is there a default/starting point for most patches on the LFO Multiplier setting, or does it just depend on what sound is programmed with it?

The delay feedback and distortion can get to some dangerous levels very quickly!

2 Likes

On the Delay, there’s feedback control and volume control, so the Volume control is the kill switch of the overall feedback then?

I’ve been caught out with this a few times when jamming and getting a bit carried away with the fx lfo or plocking and forgetting to scrub it…everyone, including myself are wondering wtf is that noise that hasn’t stopped for aaages…oops!

Yeah the volume kills it dead. Not always easy to remember if the feedback swells to ear bleeding proportions.

I need to put a label sticker above the Delay button

There is also Overdrive (OVR) which increase a lot the feedback, as @CompNutation mentioned.

I see, thanks. Rumbling, low freq.

Sez, I am still having trouble saving a transposed pattern. I dont want to transpose a Track, I want to transpose a whole Pattern, say 2 steps up. I hit the Transpose button, and its Zero, then copied that pattern at ZERO transpose to another Pattern, Hit Transpose 2 steps up, and Save Pattern, it saves it, but the original pattern is also transposed. I am doing something wrong this should be very basic to the A4.

Peter, your suggestion does not work for saving a transposed pattern, unless I am using the wrong technique… (the Transpose Button), for trying to save what I am hearing as a transposed pattern. Maybe this is only for Live performance, I dont know. Yes, I read the manual as you said Pgs 37-42.

Transpose is global, for all patterns, but you can disable transpose per track. Setting stored with the pattern apparently.

Destructive transpose is per track.

You can also use 1 or 2 Perf macro with all tracks oscillators TUNE as destination, and transpose with that.

thanks. will try these shortly.