Analog Four : How to remove drums from a single track?

I am working on one of my first ‘test’ tracks on A4-mkII.
On one track (track 4), I put a bunch of random single drums on different trigs in a 64 step pattern.
What is the best, quickest way to delete a single drum (like a Tom from the sound pool) or a note etc? Do I need to watch the sequence and listen to where the ‘trig’ is? or is there an easier way?
Thanks!

1 Like

Slow the tempo down and it will be easier to find

2 Likes

Thanks Ryan. That works for studio. But you couldn’t do it that way in a Live performance. You would need to just mute the whole track, or delete the drum sound from the ‘Sound pool’ possibly,
or plan the track arrangement better ahead of time…:roll_eyes:
Great instrument!

Why not make a few different patterns with or sans particular sounds, then jump between patterns. Prob not ideal if u want to do it mid pattern. Or ideally offload the intended mute sound to a different track. or buy a Rytm :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Real time erase (p. 39 of manual)? Adding trig mutes? Do you mean to erase specific sound-locked trigs? If the sound is part of your active kit, deleting it from the sound pool will not affect the kit, I think.

I’d use trig mutes to locate the sound locks, then delete the trigs.

3 Likes

Was trying to see if I can do a whole track with drums etc. on just an A4. I have a Machinedrum, Octa and MNM.

you could use trig condition fill on the trigs with drums

As I am working with removing some trigs as suggested above, I notice on one of the track sounds using a 16-step sequence, the sound gets soft then louder as the sequence plays for about 30 seconds, like a long envelope over time and keeps cycling back like that … Can someone point me where to look for what parameter setting might be causing this, or is it the actual sound patch?
The PERF is not on.
It actually sounds awesome, I think its an LFO setting somewhere. Like to know for future reference. The sound is ‘BRANNO’.

yes, sounds like an lfo. just go to the lfo page (be aware there are 2 pages, accesed by pressing lfo button again) from there turn the depth psrameters to 0, then you should hear it. if you found the right one, be sure to investigate what destination it is changing (dst) knob…

also some „preconnected“ lfos can be found in the oscillator pages

make sure to check the trig condition fill, with it you can turn on/off several trigs by the press of one button…

2 Likes

amazing. I learn something new every day… just a small increment change on LFO depth makes a big diff. A4 truly is a powerful analog synth in all respects. thanks for the pointers.
:crazy_face:

OK, another problem, as I am trying to save on A4-MK2.
getting ‘Save Error’ and It does also say ‘Lock Mem Full’ when I am adding locks now …

Any ideas, class?

Too many locks! You’re getting carried away with your power over the machine.

1 Like

ok, thanks. Glad its not a machine problem.

On A4:
Is is possible to Transpose a pattern and save that Transposed Pattern to a New Pattern?
I copied over the pattern to another pattern, hit transpose, but there’s no way to save the new pattern that I can see. Or do I need to transpose it first, before copying over to a new pattern?
Save Project is not working, since my memory is full or something.

Patterns are saved automatically (manual, page 37).

You can also manually save a pattern (page 40) if you need to later revert it to a specific state.

yes, but I don’t think it saves transpose… checking, turning back on.

DESTRUCTIVE TRANSPOSE Tracks can be transposed destructively, altering the note values of the note trigs permanently. Do so by pressing [TRACK] + [UP]/[DOWN]. The value of the note trigs will be changed up or down in the selected amount of semitones. The tracks do not have to be transpose activated for this to work.

3 Likes

thanks. will try this. :raised_hand:

I am getting a Loop of really bad feedback on the FX track, I can tell its the FX track by the Mixer Volumes. Any suggestions where to shut this off?