Analog Drive power supply ( 12v 1A ) question!

thanks, well sprung for the polarity reverse adapter and the voltage coupler from strymon. so using 12v from 2 outputs i will have 750 ma. @tnussb

Hopefully you mean current coupler and not voltage! You don’t want to double up the voltage.

1 Like

oh wow, going back to the site i see that you are right. voltage not amp. what a pain

so this wouldn’t work then?

Nope! Could have fried it. Here is what you are looking for, and is compatible with Zuma. Just make sure both jacks have matching voltage and the voltage matches what the pedal expects.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PPAP--voodoo-lab-current-doubler-adapter-4-inch-str-str-y-doubler?mrkgcl=28&mrkgadid=3331288920&rkg_id=0&product_id=PPAP&campaigntype=shopping&campaign=aaShopping%20-%20Core%20-%20Guitars%20-%20No%20Token&adgroup=Guitars%20-%20Guitar%20Pedals%20%26%20Effects&placement=google&adpos=1o1&creative=332063179851&device=t&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjqKwuuiJ4wIVm4qzCh2jHQLpEAQYASABEgKQOfD_BwE

1 Like

thanks so much buddy. so glad you caught that.

No problem at all! I was in your shoes a few years ago figuring out how to aggregate stuff to a common power supply, so I absolutely know how much of a pain it is to make sure you are doing everything safely.

1 Like

And to clarify, you will still need the polarity adapter, as the Analog drive is center positive and most pedals are center negative, including Zuma’s power supply.

yeah i got that , weird ass pedal . thanks @FlexMundo

I just tested and my analog drive powers up fine from one 12v output of the Zuma with the polarity reversal adaptor. The current doubler won’t hurt anything, but seems unnecessary, ymmv.

cool, strymon wrote back to me to say that even though it states 375 it should be enough for 400. so i’ve got that coupler on the way anyways but i’ll try it without it first. thanks.

It is strange!

I have the Palmer PWT 08 which has 2 outlets which you can switch to 9/12 or 18V 500mA
I can power up the Analog Drive with 12V 500mA, but even when i switch to 9V 500mA it will power up.
And now it gets very strange!
When i have it powered up and then disconnect it from the Palmer’s 12V 500mA outlet (so the Analog Drive switches off) and put it in a 9V 150mA outlet from the Palmer, it powers up again and functions without any problems!
I don’t get it…