Analog Cases Unison Performance Case

Odyssey makes great cases.
All kinds of styles and needs.
Perfect for transporting you’re entire rig fastened to the whole thing real nice.
I’d say worth that price if you’re really into hauling gear around locally.
However, I’m a huge fan of building something custom.
It’s fun to do, and you get to make it exactly what you need over time.
Some people only need a piece of wood and 3M industrial strength velcro.
Other are good a building really nice stuff.
Either seems fun to me.
I feel like when you buy a case, more than anything you’re paying for the convenience and protection. I don’t see the Unison Performance case fulfilling that need, I can tell just from the pics that there are better deals.

1 Like

Flyht Pro Case Boss GT-100/10 is a cheap solution in comparison to the Unsion case.

That’s mine:

2 Likes

Cool rig! Looks like a lot of fun. We’ll organized too

2 Likes

If I had paid full price for my Unison case I’d be pissed.

2 Likes

What are these speakers you’re using in your case and how do you like them? Is the sound at all passable/enjoyable or is this strictly a necessity/functional purposes addition to the case? Would you mind telling me the actual depth of the speaker’s housing front to back? Thanks.

1 Like

holy lol that battery array!

1 Like

This was my old case. Swapped out my A4 for an AK a couple years ago. I’ll either get a new A4 for gigs, or just use my Octatrak with recorded stems. Not sure yet.

This case made setting up for gigs extremely easy. Loved it, kind of miss it.

They sound not bad as long as there are no kicks or basslines. I think the amp is to week, the power-light is flickering when the is a bass impact. I only use them for monitoring at home when wife and kids are not at home. Otherwise I use headphones (headphone amp from the little 5V amplifier).

2023-04-17 11_33_18-YUXI 1 Paar LCD Monitor_TV Lautsprecher Horn 5W 2W 8R 3070 3370 45100 Lautsprech

1 Like

There’s no other simple solution without USB ground noise. Also 5 x 10.000 mAh last very long for all devices.

1 Like

I definitely understand the reasoning. There are likely devices to remove ground noise, but that’s additional space as well.

I dropped the 5-Powerbank-solution for a one Powerbank-Solution with 230V. Modded a 4x wall adapter with a euro-socket. Now it is completely noise-free and can be powered via outlet or powerbank.

2 Likes

Sweet! Two quick questions:

1). Is the case worth the money? ($50 coupon is calling my name, lol)

1. what brand of cable is that running in/out of the 1010s?

@joeykaram Which case are you referring to? The Unison or the Flyht? I also have a $50 coupon but its for the Unison case, the one I started this thread with.

I decided not to go with the Unison based on some of the comments here but also because I don’t think its big enough for what I want to do. I randomly found this on Amazon for $170 (normally $240), shipped and sold from Amazon. It seems it was the last one because now it shows external sellers only. It might end up being too big but I can return it and I couldn’t pass up on the sale price.

2 Likes

Hrm, maybe a different SKU originally? CamelCamelCamel doesn’t have much from Amazon directly in price history. (Could just have missed the listing.)

Maybe? My order info says nothing about SKU, only that its new condition and sold by Amazon directly. And I swear I saw the full price the day before, then the next day I refreshed the page by accident and boom, price is 170 and it said only 1 left in stock. Maybe some Amazon trickery since I had the page open for a while? Maybe I’m being delivered a toaster? Stay tuned!

1 Like

Ah, based on the title, I thought it was the unison!

I have three of their cases (Prophet 5 module hard case, 1010 black/Bluebox soft case, and Rytm mk2 soft case) - pretty happy w all three

I did quite a bit of searching and research into foam and if you choose to do so, you can get a superior kind of polyethylene foam or a slightly less expensive polyurethane foam (same as most charcoal case foam) custom cut to the size of your case.
You rip out the inferior pull and pluck cube foam and use spray adhesive to lay the new foam into the case bed, then you cut the shapes of what you want to put in it, the cutting is simple and there’s a lot of content on youtube about how to make a pattern to cut around. This is a very general tutorial but it’s quick and to the point.

The foam comes in layers of your choice in increments of depth so it’s easy to cut to the correct depth and maintain a flat bottom and snug fit, The guy in the video could or should have bought foam with shorter layer increments, you can get all the way down to half inch layers. There is a minimum order of $50 on custom cut foam from the place I’m aware of, but I think it might be worth it since you saved all that money. If you want a link to the foam manufacturing company order estimate page, I’ll pull it up for you.

There are demos on Youtube of people doing more impressive jobs, but most people would rather get the gist in 3 minutes and be impressed later on their own time if the research leads them in that direction.

Also, I believe it’s $50 minimum but I think it does include shipping but not tax. And for the record I was sizing a block of foam thats like 19x26 and cut into half inch layers with a depth of like 3.5 inches and it was at or under the $50 mark, you would only need to replace the bottom layer, the top is fine as is.

1 Like

This is great to know! It really opens up the options for case purchase, so pretty much any mixer case could be used for a multi-instrument setup. I’m definitely interested if you don’t mind passing along the manufacturing company.

This is great! Could you point me towards the specific product you used for the power on this case? I see it is Ugren, but I can’t easily find it. I’ve been trying to figure out an easy noise free usb power situation for quite sometime.

Hi, the Ugreen were not great. Now I use XTAR Power-Supplies with very low noise (Test of Xtar WallAdapter 2.1A).

1 Like