Analog Cases Unison Performance Case

Is anyone using one of these? None of the pictures show it with full cabling, especially power. I’m wondering how plug and play this actually is. I have some smaller gear not hooked up in the studio which could be fun to have in a ready-to-go setup.

I don’t but after looking and reading I am assuming they dont have a real option for the power.
You’d just have to strap a power strip on the panel that the gear goes on.
There are “DJ cases” that are less expensive, that seem to offer a little more for the money.
I’ve had a lot of cases and built a few. Gear gets heavy quick, I wouldn’t trust this case without seeing one in person.
Even with a smaller case, I’d want some kind of dolly wheels, and a place to tuck power.
Seems like they are just selling an aluminum case with egg crating and DIY velcro.

1 Like

That is a good point, i’d compare them with standard flight cases.

1 Like

There’s definitely better cases for the money.
Better built, better ergonomics, gear real-estate, etc.

1 Like

https://modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=248292

They seem pretty responsive at least, but you can certainly do what they do with standard cases depending on how much you value your time.

Definitely worth sending out an email before purchase to verify the design (and cuts) match expectations!

After reading some of those posts I’m doubling down.
Whoever is making those is super out of touch with costs vs needs.
Seems like they just happen to be able to get aluminum cases make, and are asking to much for what they actually are.

He uses Pelican Cases as an example price claiming they are too expensive.
Pelican Cases are top notch, and many time the same price that this guy is asking for.
I guess I’m getting at, AC is not the case.

3 Likes

I worked in Hollywood as a Camera Assistant… And Pelican Cases are the gold standard…

Definitely worth the investment…

3 Likes

I appreciate all the thoughts here and they seem to align with my thinking. I’m unsure if this actually solves the problem or just creates new ones. And the quality/weight ratio may not be favorable.

Re: cost, I have a $50 coupon which is what started me on this journey. That brings the cost to $190 which feels better than $239 but I still don’t know if this actually solves the challenge.

In the end, I’m looking for something to put in the trunk of my car, drive to a friend’s for a jam, maybe play a local gig. If I was doing anything more aggressive than that I wouldn’t use this, but maybe it works for my tame use case? Given my lack of time, reducing time spent on setup and breakdown is the goal.

1 Like

Odyssey makes great cases.
All kinds of styles and needs.
Perfect for transporting you’re entire rig fastened to the whole thing real nice.
I’d say worth that price if you’re really into hauling gear around locally.
However, I’m a huge fan of building something custom.
It’s fun to do, and you get to make it exactly what you need over time.
Some people only need a piece of wood and 3M industrial strength velcro.
Other are good a building really nice stuff.
Either seems fun to me.
I feel like when you buy a case, more than anything you’re paying for the convenience and protection. I don’t see the Unison Performance case fulfilling that need, I can tell just from the pics that there are better deals.

1 Like

Flyht Pro Case Boss GT-100/10 is a cheap solution in comparison to the Unsion case.

That’s mine:

2 Likes

Cool rig! Looks like a lot of fun. We’ll organized too

2 Likes

If I had paid full price for my Unison case I’d be pissed.

2 Likes

What are these speakers you’re using in your case and how do you like them? Is the sound at all passable/enjoyable or is this strictly a necessity/functional purposes addition to the case? Would you mind telling me the actual depth of the speaker’s housing front to back? Thanks.

1 Like

holy lol that battery array!

1 Like

This was my old case. Swapped out my A4 for an AK a couple years ago. I’ll either get a new A4 for gigs, or just use my Octatrak with recorded stems. Not sure yet.

This case made setting up for gigs extremely easy. Loved it, kind of miss it.

They sound not bad as long as there are no kicks or basslines. I think the amp is to week, the power-light is flickering when the is a bass impact. I only use them for monitoring at home when wife and kids are not at home. Otherwise I use headphones (headphone amp from the little 5V amplifier).

2023-04-17 11_33_18-YUXI 1 Paar LCD Monitor_TV Lautsprecher Horn 5W 2W 8R 3070 3370 45100 Lautsprech

1 Like

There’s no other simple solution without USB ground noise. Also 5 x 10.000 mAh last very long for all devices.

1 Like

I definitely understand the reasoning. There are likely devices to remove ground noise, but that’s additional space as well.

I dropped the 5-Powerbank-solution for a one Powerbank-Solution with 230V. Modded a 4x wall adapter with a euro-socket. Now it is completely noise-free and can be powered via outlet or powerbank.

2 Likes

Sweet! Two quick questions:

1). Is the case worth the money? ($50 coupon is calling my name, lol)

1. what brand of cable is that running in/out of the 1010s?