Analog 4 mk2 ordered!

Just ordered the analog four mk2 after owning the Rytm mk2 for only a few weeks…
Hope I’ve made a good decision…

Just loving the sequencer and work flow so had to get the synth version!

Good move? Any other a4 owners have some advice/

oh… Let the journey begin!
I had to play it 1 year daily to really get how everything works. so let it grow : )

2 Likes

Lucky man. Im an OT MK2 owner, and I really want that and the rytm

1 Like

I’ve picked up the analog Rytm fairly quick as have had a bit of time off work and time to learn…
Stoked to be getting the A4 can’t wait!

They are all great machines probably will get the OT eventually not for a while though after spending so much on the others…

Any holidays I had planned are postponed but I don’t mind :joy:

1 Like

The A4 is SUPER deep, especially when compared with the Rytm. Rytm is pretty clear cut- synth parameters, sample parameters etc.

It takes discipline to really get a lot out of it- the sooner you get acclimated to programming scenes the better off you’ll be.

Just have fun with it and don’t feel inclined to make everything from scratch unless that’s fun to you- that time will come eventually. Just have fun with it instead of selling it down the line

2 Likes

101: Save everything you like. Sound,kit,pattern,project.

8 Likes

Congrats!!! I own a few synths and got the A4 Mk1 without much thought when a great deal popped up in my neighborhood.

When I first got it I didn’t approach it the right way and didn’t like it much…thought it sounded thin and static…at one point I thought about selling it but am i glad that I didn’t!! I took some more time with it, understood its nuances better, understood the interactions between its parts better (eg OSC volume and Overdrive, Filter 1 and Filter 2 etc) and today it’s my favourite synth by a mile. It does so many things well, lead, bass, pads - I love creating soundscapes with it.

So my point is: TAKE YOUR TIME WITH IT and really pay attention to the details! Small turns on the knobs, try different combinatorics, experiment…and that’s just on the sound design side! Add the sequencer and it’s possibilities and you will be in synth heaven! :))

2 Likes

thanks man,
Looking forward to the A4 and learning about it
The Rytm is a good one to start on by the sounds of it!

1 Like

Sounds good :+1:, hearing this is just making me impatient haha

1 Like

good decision :sunglasses:
i have ar and a4 (mk1) since many years and love it!
they feel like one device, since they share the same kit structure and so on…

also you can control performance macros of both devices from one

2 Likes

Video won’t load at moment will check it a bit later!

1 Like

I’m a recent owner of an A4mk2 to go with the rytm also. They sound great together and @nionmu 's technique of controlling the scenes together is great once you’ve got a pattern sorted ready to jam with.

I’m finding these videos helpful even tho they are for the mk1. https://www.macprovideo.com/course/elektron-102-analog-four-explained-and-explored

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thanks man had a look, they look like good videos to get me started!

If you have an iOS device, you can download that entire course for 8.99 as an app (instead of the $24+ Macproaudio ask for on their website). Just search for Elektron in the App Store and you should find it there.

1 Like