AN-X from Yamaha (Speculation)

If you’re religious then consult a higher power.

The Syntakt was slower than most, for the time between trademark and release. So that seems to me a long wait. Let’s say three months, a September release in time for Christmas.

1 Like

Thats faster than i thought. But i will have the money waiting for this as the AN1X was my favoutite VA synth. Better than the Nord Lead imo.

1 Like

Yamaha does not make gear in desktop form factor anymore, so i’m not interested.

RM1X DX200 all have X-es in them. Just saying.

We did it again ! Elektronauts in the news !

The Syntakt Trademark thread made the news, way back when, and even created some controversy.

And now this wee little AN-X Trademark thread is “in the news”.

OK it’s just an on-line trade magazine, but it’s fun to get some notice.

MusicTech is writing about us, but that’s why we post isn’t it ? Though i’m not sure anyone here is “abuzz” exactly.

So how’s it feel @Odo and @obscurerobot to be quoted ( without attribution ) ?

( Would have been nice if the thread got a link, but oh well. )

4 Likes

I prefer it to at way. I’m just some pseudonymous rando, if journalists want to take my comments seriously, that’s on them. :sunglasses:

1 Like

That article is pretty funny, a 25 post thread on a single music forum doesn’t seem like the internet abuzz to me. It must have been a slow news day, or perhaps the author is just a really big AN1X fan.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone leaps onto this forum and makes a new thread for an An-x device and links to the article … full of excitement that they’re the first to post it here … without checking a thread already exists.

Time loop kicks in and we’re all stuck forever.

5 Likes

Damn I didn’t get a meme in for them to use in time…

Plot twist, the author is Jukka

3 Likes

Credit though to the author for picking up on some news whatever the source. Not sure you wrap the article around a bunch of chatter, and I’m not sure of the quote from Drongowski, which seems pretty random, though he really knows his stuff.

Not to diss on anyone here. It’s nice to have what you do classified in the News category though.

1 Like

Count on Nate to launch the far out conspiracies.

Nope !

2 Likes

2 Likes

The free iOS app called “Yamaha synth book” recreates the AN1X sound. It seems…

So there is rumor that AN-X is a new third engine along with the FM-X and AWM2, in a new version / redesign of the Montage and MODX.

And cross out that rumor !

Yamaha did announce their MODX+ and no AN-X with that. So they grabbed their AN-X trademark for some other piece of hardware.

Guessing we’ll hear about this soon enough.

2 Likes

This is a huge blow for me. So wanted an updated ANX va synth. Yamaha what are you doing!

2 Likes

I was very excited to order a Mod-X+ with a VA engine. Not pleased with Yamaha.

Montage was always going to be a technology/feature set ceiling where the MODX+ must not exceed. After a few years, Yamaha could have done more for MODX+, e.g. increase the knobs/faders to eight and add something new to Montage (to keep its selling point) like the AN-X Engine.

Will there be a dedicated VA keyboard from Yamaha instead?

Every major workstation on the market has a Va engine minus Yamaha. They Montage and Modx are behind the 8 ball here.

Time for a bank shot, i guess.

That’s why Yamaha is bringing out the AN-X workstation. The poly-aftertouch keyboard, with the VCS mode ( a virtual CS-80 ) is going to be amazing, though with less front panel control. Plus they pretty much have all the AN1x functionality covered too.

[ Hey this is a speculation thread after all. ]

The AN-X mode for the MODX and Montage is kaput for this thread. Bye-bye.

2 Likes