An album made before your Elektron boxes?

2014 - shortly before I got my Octatrack. All ableton and logic

1 Like

all the stuff I’ve checked out so far has been legit! I’m curious if y’all think your music has gotten better post Elektron or just funner to make?

1 Like

This album was made during 2001 - 2002 while living in Istanbul. Using Yamaha QY300 Sequencer, Boss DR202 drum machine, Korg MS2000 synth, Zoom ST224 sampler and cheap effect pedals. They were summed up using a Behringer mixer. All tracks were live recorded into Cool Edit on a very slow PC.

I made another album before this but have not uploaded it… Should find out where it is…

6 Likes

Different, not necessarily better. That was the goal though

The latter for me.
I quite often think my non elektron stuff is better actually

I started getting into hardware/elektron because having a day job starting at a computer made making music in the box a slog. After realizing that my Volcas were cool but still required a lot of computer sequencing and effecting, I decided to move on. I still do lots of sampling on the computer but I try to stay on physical instruments for the sake of creativity. Don’t think my music is any better doing it one way or another. Just different depending on style/vibe/genre/instruments/etc.

1 Like

My first one was made on a Yamaha W5, Akai S1000 and DR-550. Recorded and mixed on an MT8X.

Too embarassed to share it, but back then, I was very proud of it.

1 Like

It gives me the sounds i want in a small box that is not a PC and doesn’t cost a fortune :stuck_out_tongue:

My music has gotten better, but largely because I’ve put more work into learning to make better music - not because of any of my gear but because I put in the work. If anything, acquiring new gear makes my music temporarily worse while I learn the new thing.

1 Like

YES SAMPLETRAK, miss mine!

Made these on SP 303, SP 404, SP 555, Korg Electribe ESX, Volca sample cameo on one track.

2012-2015

My love for my ESX lead me to purchase my first Elektron: the Digitakt! Felt it was like a little ESX on steroids! This after pruchasing the ES2 and not digging the sound.

3 Likes

Oh go on then.

Released 1 month before I bought the Octatrack. Not into making this style at all anymore. All done with Reason/Ableton, a moog sub phatty, BS2, Waldorf Blofeld. Probably some electribe on there too.

1 Like

Yes! I sold mine back in the day to fund for the machinedrum. And about 6 months ago, I got it again and it was worth it!
This is another very unique box from the past. There are few features which I would love to see on current gen boxes.

2 Likes

EP Produced in 97, released in 1999.

Logic & E-Mu E4K.

Bla:
I had been into jungle/drum‘n‘bass since 94, but we had no labels (except this one, evidently) in Zürich who wanted to release anything in that direction. This label was actually more of a downbeat affair.
And the german distributors wouldn’t take our own attempts at labels onboard either.
London was too far away, until 2004 when I actually managed to release d&b on a UK label. By then it was too late, d&b had reached oversaturation.

1 Like

This is one of the tracks from an album I made in Nashville back in 2010. The entire record is on YouTube but for some reason I can only find one song at a time. Weird.

EDIT: never mind, found it:

3 Likes

2006 album that was never released, using Reason.

After revisiting these albums, and the production techniques that went with them: I am definitely happier to have some Elektron boxes next to me.