AMBIENT Patterns

Dear All,

I kindly request if someone would like to share Ambient Patterns to be shared for Study purpose. I am approaching to ambient with this amazing machine but i am a bit confused about how to play ambient with MC. Maybe someone would like to share?

2 Likes

This guy done a couple very nice ones. Cycles is possibly the best Elektron boxes for ambient.

Elektron Model Cycles Melodic Ambient Jam - YouTube

Generative melodic ambient jam on the Elektron Model Cycles - YouTube

I love the M:C but seriously, a drum oriented machine with only decay enveloppe and one LFO per track is far to be the best Elektron for ambient (even it can be satisfying for this purpose :wink: )

1 Like

It just has the most pleasing tones I think.

Yes no dedicated attack is stupid but otherwise the simplicity of the Cycles is a strength. If you want to use the Elektron sequencer as a sound shaping tool, Models is the rawest most intuitive experience.

6 separate tracks instead of 4 makes a big difference imo. Weave all six of these together in a complementary fashion - no drums - and it is more than enough for lovely ambient soundscapes. A sum of its parts type mindset.

With a Digitone or other box a lot of procrastination can take hold imo. Cycles is more “go with the flow” - it plays you as much as you play it.