Ambient / Dub Techno live session videos by Martin Stürtzer

Great session martin. Are you going to put it avalible to download on bandcamp ? I brought your quadrashape ep before and love it. What happened to your Lil phatty ? Just moved or have you sold it ?

This is superb. Amazing work Martin. I will be definitely in touch when I return to organising events.

:thumbsup:

uow amazing, really nice performance @phelios thanks for posting

how do you mix the rytm between songs ? mute and unmute with new sounds?

Thank you! I try to answer everything in one post:

Yes, the Little Phatty is gone. I wanted to get a Sub37 but it was sold out at my music store and they had a good offer on the Pro2. Maybe I will get a new moog at some point.

So far I have no plans for a bandcamp release, but I am trying to shape some parts from this liveset into a “real” EP.

About mixing songs: I try to keep my other synths running with the same patterns when I change patterns in the Analog Rytm to get nice transitions between the tracks. I always have some sounds that do not change from one track (which corresponds to one pattern in the AR) so the new pattern has something in common with the previous one. Most important tool for this are my ears - I changed the order of tracks a lot of times when I prepared this set to find combinations of patterns that work. I kicked three quite good tracks out because I could not find a position in which they would have worked in this set.

A new ambient / electronica studio session is online! First sequence is coming from the Analog keys, then the Pro2 joins with a second sequence. The Pro2 is using the Moogerfooger as LP Filter. Then a beautiful pad from my ESQ1 is joining the track. The Analog Keys brings in a second track with some stab sounds, drums are coming from the AR and AK. Have fun!

7 Likes

Very nice sounds! Soothing. I noticed you even had time to take a sip of coffee :sweat_smile:

A very productive weekend! I recorded another ambient session last night:

6 Likes

I got myself a little Eurorack system and recorded a first session today. The Braids Oscillator is fantastic, I love every waveform model it offers. All sounds in this video are coming from Braids, the AR is playing only samples that I recorded with it.

7 Likes

love all of your videos on YT… I’ll pray for your wallet since you now have contracted the Modular Disease.

I set my Theremin in action and recorded another ambient session.

3 Likes

You see, this is how you end up when you start with reaktor modular blocks :slight_smile:

Well I was using models from the braids osc in Reaktor in all tracks for over a year now so I saw this coming for a long time.

I finally decided to set up a new project with this ambient / electronic music I have been doing lately. It is called THALARON and you can follow my activities here: fb.com/thalaron

I am preparing a new techno liveset and this is one of the tracks I am going to include. All sounds by AR and AK and my little Eurorack.

2 Likes

I love all these videos… man, so good. Watch and listen to them over and over again. Thank you!

I am glad to share a live video with you that I recorded for a new podcast series. It features my new techno liveset that I am going to perform during the next months.

3 Likes

I am posting too many videos!
This is a hardware-only setup with 2xElektron, Roland TR8 & Eurorack. Thanks to @Hans_Olo for sending me his old TR8!

7 Likes

No such thing as too many videos!

2 Likes

I love your videos Martin please keep them coming!

1 Like

Super inspiring and damn groovy music. I love it. Moooore!! :smiley: