“Amazing top secret portable music workstation”

Let’s at least try to keep things on topic, please.
And thanks to those who are doing just that, and re-steering the conversation.

4 Likes

“My Jnco’s bring all the mysterious handheld samplers to the yard! Damn right, they sample better than yours, I teach you, but then I would be charged”

I always hate these teasers. We go on guessing and hyping things up until the ultimate reveal and are so hyped that some will blindly call it the greatest thing ever created and immediately buy it. Others will feel gut punched, and upset that they waisted so much time and energy hoping it was what they’ve always wanted. Either way, I guarantee, we’ll see a few people here putting it up for sale in a month’s time, admitting to biting the bait.
That’s how I feel anyways.

3 Likes

It’s probably this from Polyend:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cqx_dWHojWY/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

4 Likes

It does look similar shape, size and colour to what he has hanging round his neck

Anyone with a screen grab for those without an Insta account?

1 Like

1 Like

Lol, not at all what I was expecting. Thank you.
Surly that’s it. A mini tracker thang.

It’s on YouTube as well

The description reads - “Find Your Voice April 12th.”
So I guess we find out next week

1 Like

Not sure if it’s the back of the device on that teaser, or a cover but it looks flat, maybe a touch screen?

I hope not :frowning: otherwise we might as well use an iPad or phone as someone mentioned a few posts back

1 Like

I like the size of the device vs the M8, which seems just a bit too small for me, at least for a tracker interface. My eyes are still fine but that tiny interface with the tiny numbers is just a bit much for me, can’t see myself wanting to stare at it for hours.

But really though I would prefer a Tracker Mk2 with stereo sampling etc, that form factor appeals to me much more for sofa use. I can see something like the M8 or this new device being super appealing for people who travel regularly though and want to make music on the go.

what does the red square/rectangle imply? am I supposed to recognize this as being a teaser associated with some company that already exists? or is this just a special effect for style?

2 Likes

It’s a Malevich reference

2 Likes

is this the only possible association we can draw from it? or is there a specific reason kazimir malevich would be associated with a daw to go?

due to some preexisting ignorance I am not connecting the… boxes.

or is this a joke I am not sophisticated enough to fart along with

2 Likes

this was my first fart… er, thought.

1 Like

I like the yellow jump suit

1 Like

new accessory to the sampling kindle first sighting, rainbow boom field mic source isolator.

undisclosed source.

3 Likes

Really hoping they call this the Tricorder.

3 Likes

The party is over here now …

3 Likes