Am I the only one? [Machinedrum love]

I haven’t gotten that far (sampling) yet.

I would probably still keep my Machinedrum if it produced zero sound, it just looks that cool

5 Likes

Ok lets see how gf responds to hanging my spare MD and MM mk1’s on the living room wall. She’s got her art and souvenirs and plants all over the place so seems like I should be entitled to that :wink:

7 Likes

2 Likes

Just though id share this(not me). Im amazed how something simple can be a really cool track. Its not the gear is really shown here.

6 Likes

Reading the following thread : Roland TR-8S - (New TR-8 with user samples and individual outs)

I discover this :

Pretty surprise. This does’nt minors my love for MD, but surprise me. I thought it was quite clock precise. That’s not the case.
Is it possible to ear that ?

yeah it’s just the way it is and always has been. (but may always not be…)

Never heard any issues with this…

Those numbers are SO small, it’s not an issue.

2 Likes

:rofl:

Yep, but still to some they were enough to create a HUGE mess on the old elektron-users forum. To the point that people were creating fake accounts to try and trick me (i was a mod then) to prove that we were colluding with elektron to cover up this HUGE issue :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Dude your audio interface at its BEST has more latency than that. It’s so freakin nominal. If you think that’s affecting the music making…
The issue lies elsewhere.

That is crazy that people would do that. Maybe if they spent more time making music as opposed to testing equipment they would not give a shit.
I have never had a problem making music with the MD timewise. Maybe it’s because I usually play over 100bpm minimum? Maybe it’s because I have used the MD and now my Octa as the master clock.
Anyway, clock issues can be solved easily by getting a better master clock.
Still crazy to me people have nothing better to do than complain about some latency from one piece of equipment. What is the world of electronic music coming to?

When I make layered percussive sounds that small jitter can cause audible phasing effect.

1 Like

Bruh,

Have you actually LISTENED to that?
I went to this tour and I just up and left the show.
All that money to hear that jitter?

They didnt even turn the lights on FFS.

5 Likes

all da tyme bruh
More like you’re not listening [reading]. That latency is not noticeable. You can only SEE it when you are in the tempo page watching the tempo flicker between +/- .2. Otherwise I challenge you to point it out, using ears only.

you don’t hear the jitter, unless you mr roboto

That was sarcasm btw

Such jitter may be called “groove” ?
Sometimes, when using drum machines, i had sensation that the pattern does’nt always turn at ghe same speed. As if i could feel variations in the speed rotation of the pattern. Is that illusion, is that i have been listen to the same pattern for too long, is that the influence of electricity variations ?
Does my mind can feel 2ms ?

1 Like

2ms? Coming from an MPC live that usually had 10-15ms latency, I didn’t even notice with the MD.

1 Like

I didn’t want to create a new thread, but I have a first world problem.

I’ve finally found a Nord Drum 2, which is quite powerful, especially with my Octatrack. It’s deep and sounds really great. The velocity response is very special. But, even though it’s easy to program sounds, I really don’t like the interface of the ND2, that’s why it doesn’t make that much fun. Well some people use it with a controller, that would be another way to use it.

On the other hand, I have this idea now, that I just sell ND2 for a Machinedrum MKII (non-UW), since I already have OT. But is this really a good idea, as it is pretty old tech now?

i think this is most exposed when i hear a track someone has made in (for example) ableton and hasn’t put any work into groove variation. even with a groove template it just sounds so rigid stuck to a grid, compared to music made with (jittery) hardware.

3 Likes