Am I the only one? [Machinedrum love]

I got a non mduw plate for my mduw. MD love always and ever but man do I love having the all black screen window instead of de blk/wht

1 Like

just recently got my MDUW back from the shop… i’ve always told everyone that it’s my favourite instrument of all time and i could never go without it, little did i know how true that was! i was antsy the entire time i couldnt get it to turn on and while it was out of my hands, i can rest easy now with my sweet silver box… i hope it never leaves me again.

2 Likes

MD’s seem to be getting a lot of attention on the forum lately, anyone else notice this?

3 Likes

It’s the king - they will never top it! The rytm is nice, but serves a completely purpose. The MD is a the closest thing to idm in a box I’ve ever seen played - and that is the perfect machine for me. MD & OT and some 90’s synths - that’s the perfect setup for me… and a H3000 :):slight_smile: MD forever!!!

4 Likes

Haven t they always?

these were for @darenager @sezare56 chaingang lab, but think that should remain OT only.

3 Likes

Did you make this on the MD?

1 Like

yeah, i recommend trying it, to get as much out of one track as possible. great way to learn all the capabilities.

1 Like

I haven’t really even used my MD Mk2 w/Plus Drive yet to any extent, bought it a few months ago off Reverb and love what it can do potentially from what I’ve heard, the sound is incredibly alive of course. I am fighting myself from getting a RYTM Mk2, and I don’t want to sell the Machinedrum. I also just recently bought MNM mk2, A4 Mk2 and Octatrack Mk2, intense monsters. I sold Digitakt and Digitone, and will no doubt get Digitone again, love it for the building of FM sounds from nothing, like all the Elektrons sculpt and design a sound from scratch.

I see some of you have both a RYTM and Machinedrum. No hurry to buy a RYTM, I will still be able to get one in 1-2-3 years. Just feel a need to try one.

2 Likes

Noice. :+1:

I do. Good complements. Though if I had that amount of gear already at hand I wouldn’t add another box. There’s only so much 1 can control with 2 hands.

5 Likes

I’ve never clicked with my Rytm like I’ve done with the MD. The two go really well together though. But if I could only have one it’d be MD all day every day.

4 Likes

I do too, the Rytm is boxed now. Matter of taste, though.

1 Like

Yes Reality. Probably a good idea to work with one Elektron at a time and learn it. Box the others into the closet. And I just bought a Novation Circuit, just wanted to see what all the fuss was about, but I’m afraid it has to go, no time to learn it or give it any attention. Rather have a Digitone in the long run anyway,.

Just got the MDUW and the OT together for the night, and I’m pretty blown away with how seamlessly I’m just adding to patterns I put together originally on the OT.

I wish I could figure out how to get the OT Midi tracks to trigger the MD sounds, couldn’t get it working immediately and decided to just keep going but I’m sure it’s some stupid setting I’m missing.

Anyway, with just a couple hours with the MD I feel generally pretty comfortable with it. Still haven’t really explored the UW aspects, but just getting comfortable with the simpler stuff has paid off pretty quickly. It’s easy to see what all the hype is about.

That said, holy crap do SYSEX transfers take a long time… Still, worth it to play around with the Autechre stuff. Not exactly what I thought it would be, way more direct that it sort of comes off, but lots of little details that really make the difference there. It was definitely interesting.

1 Like

You gotta set the notes to be received in the MD. Like BD = C2, SN = B3 etc

I thought they were by default? Seemed to be when I checked on the MD, and I made sure to assign to the right channel and note on the OT. It’s late so I’m sure I’m just missing something, and I’ll have most of tomorrow afternoon to figure it out I think.

Here I was getting the pages for you…

It’s cool. You can set it any way you like.
If you got it second hand, previous owner might have zeroed it out? I had mine zeroed at one point.

1 Like

I re-read this sentence at least 3 times but i can t make out what you re meaning to say there… :grey_question:

I just figured out sampling on my machinedrum. My world just changed for the better.

4 Likes