Am I the only one? [Machinedrum love]

Really ? Even without FX ? Mind sending a sysex of a sound you find clicky ?

TRX BD, EFM BD suffice, especially with a reverb.

The right outboard filter also works:

I picked up a Jomox M-Resonator a few years ago. It was a bit of a one trick pony for me, that trick being it blew up a pre-amp. Then I patched my MD through it. A very subtle bit of filtering and overdrive (yes, it can be subtle, it just doesn’t enjoy it) really warmed up the MD and with some modulation almost made it sound organic.

I have to give credit for one of the folk at Perfect Circle Audio for this nugget: The AR is Elektron’s best sounding standalone drum machine, the MD is Elektron’s best drum machine to use with other equipment.

1 Like

When I had the first analog heat I’d run my MD through it with great results.

1 Like

Yeah i like running it through AH as well. Lately i ve been giving it the EHX LPB2ube treatment, much to my liking : Machinedrum + analog filter/overdrive - experience

1 Like

OTO Boum should work well too…
1 AH and 4 ADs? :smile:
Or…

1 Like

Except for the clicking aspect of kick that I recognise too, all the above problems mentionned in these last posts have been solve by my Pyramid. I must say that the two make a great drum machine combo (no bars limit, lot of LFOs’, arp, polymetry, polyrythms and other fx).
But I recognise that AR is a great machine drum, I really love it. The glitch for MD, the loud kick and analog sound for AR. How what pleasure to have all.

3 Likes

Machine drum and analog heat one of the most well matched elektron pairs there is i think!

1 Like

MD sold in 3 hours.
Last record I just made before good bye…

1 bar pattern, mostly PI machines, lfos on CTR AL machine.

Edit : Sold, in good hands. :wink:

9 Likes

well done!

good job you sold it… its not a good track.

x

I love your guitar and Octatrack swirls… they blow my lid off!

2 Likes

Maybe the best pattern I could record before packing. Less regrets is you say it wasn’t a good track. :slight_smile:
It was a pattern with several lfos on CTR AL, I think that kind of thing was the best I could do with MD, considering random stuff. Not my style anyway. Just experimenting things.
:elot:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Wet surgery? :wink:

I see love, mostly.

1 Like

I can understand THE THING analOgy, but isn’t it a strange love affair? :smile:
Precising @waftlord, interesting kind of wet sounds, forgetting the picture!

Best drum machine ever
Traded my 909 for a 6wk old uw 11 years ago
Best decision I made musically
Will never get rid
Control all still shocks the shit out of me everytime even with patterns I am fully happy with
This will be sought after now out of production

3 Likes

Its my desert island instrument!

A lot of things have come and gone but the Machinedrum is permanent… Still getting good stuff out of it after 10 years. Old UW, no +drive … sharp corners! Beautiful.

1 Like

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: @switchbox’s MD controller made in M4L

the CTR ALL is the MDs thing

having a great time recently making not beats with it

7 Likes

Apparently! :slight_smile:
Did you use feedback? (feedback sound at the end).