Always have to Reload Project

I’m just finally getting around to troubleshoot this, but every time I turn on my OT, I typically have to reload my project to get the patterns/parts I had before.

I constantly am saving parts as well as the project before I shut down. When I boot’r back up, I have some older version of the project without a lot of my patterns. So I have to always reload my project to get back to where I was…I’ve forgotten to do this a number of times and scratch my head in confusion why my previous project isn’t being reload especially since I’m not changing Projects or anything.

I’ve done a bit of research though have come up dry for answers to this. Any suggestions?

1 Like

What happens if you reload part instead of reloading whole project?

well, that reloads my part but i’m still missing patterns.

i only have one project, so i haven’t tried creating another project. the behavior happen intermittently. i can shutdown and my project is good…but every so often this ghost project gets loaded and i have to reload my project to get back to where i was.

i did try copying the project, loading from that one instead, and then syncing my compact flash, but the behavior never went away.

1 Like

Did you use SAVE AS NEW?
It can correct corrupted files.

I’d RELOAD the project, SAVE AS NEW, then SAVE again. It’s important to save again, otherwise there’s nothing to reload.

When you press BANK, are they green? Red means an error, corrupted file.

1 Like

…sometimes a project gets corrupted…and then there is no real turning back…

…when i hear u saying “i have only one project…” i hardly recommend to change this attitude…

organise ur sound libary in nice folders, put them in the audio pool and start new projects whenever start something new for real…think about some basic stuff u always wann have by hand and make those part of some basic blank project where u start from scratch…and once somethings starts to shine save this as a new project and take it from there…

1 Like

@sezare56 yeah, no red so i would assume no corrupted file.

@reeloy i typically have one or two songs for every 16 patterns. are you saying to create a new project each and every time i start a new song?

Did you use SAVE AS NEW?

i did, i’m doing it all over again and crossing my fingers.

worse case is i create a new project and copy parts from the old project over…though, i guess you can’t copy / paste parts to projects since loading another would most likely overwrite your part copies.

…make sure u save as new with counting up in numbers for the endings…
so u don’t have to totally refresh names…just raise the number at the end…

and yes…as long ur not working on a live set, it’s no bad thing at all to start from scratch each time ur working on a new track…
keep in mind, that u can always retape ur results and take it from there, if u wanna combine more “songs” into one project for later live purposes…

don’t try to squeeze all in one project as much as possible…new project files cost u nothing in kb’s on ur card…

1 Like
  • You can copy parts/patterns across projects.

• You can also copy banks, containing parts and patterns. You have to load all samples in the same slots, or copy their path in the project.work file.

• You can also buy OctaEdit (soon? :thinking:).

3 Likes

This is so funny… if i never saved new project i can’t reload it??? how to do it? please tell me thaat there is a way…

Yes.

Seems logical to me. :content:

1 Like