Alternative to K702 headphones for techno / electronic music?

Yeah these look really nice but I couldn’t find that many opinions online… and their online store referenced a voucher code from 2018, so I emailed them to check if the shop was still active and got no reply! So gave up on that one

Have ordered the 4400´s without any problems last summer.

Sony MDR 7506.

Ah ok, good to know. I will see how I get on with the Neumann and if not maybe consider these!

Thanks for this. Ebay is a risky place to buy such things. Not sure Amazon is better. I’d stick with pro audio sites or stores.

I have Sonarworks 3. Isn’t SW supposed to solve this issue than putting a 2nd correction plugin before it? Also, what’s the point of buying SW calibrated headphones if someone already uses the SW software?

I have these. I don’t like them.

I wouldnt buy them unless there was proof of purchase from a reputable seller… same with mics.

That’s a great price. A lot less than I paid!

1 Like

The correction is not in the headphones. A calibrated headphone means the headphones are tested and an individual correction profile is made for this particular headphone…
There are always differences between headphones of the same type. There are even differences in the left and right driver of your headphone. And this difference can be a few db.
If you load a profile of your type of headphone in sonarworks, this is the average for this type.

1 Like

Air Pods

Yeah, for anyone interested - seems most places have them at £399, but Scan and Juno have them at £339… then Juno have their “ask for lower price” button.

I don’t think you need to like monitors.

I just bought a pair of sennheiser hd-598se off eBay, open back, very comfortable, Bass is there but not over pronounced, not sure yet how good they are for mixing but they work well with my iPad, no amp needed, everything sounds very clear and crisp. They are discontinued now but managed to get a new pair for about £180. Had dt 770 and ATH M50x before and both had too much bass. The beyers were comfortable but the audio technica’s were too tight.

1 Like

Nice, I decided against open-back mainly because I like to use them in the living room while sitting with my other half, who probably wouldn’t appreciate incessant techno hi-hats leaking out all evening :joy:

1 Like

I got open because I was getting headaches with closed, but yeah they do leak a bit at higher volume, I had them on last night listening to some Mike Parker techno and was getting some irritating looks from the wife !! :grinning:

1 Like

They had 6 pairs from where I got them on eBay, got 1 pair left at £188, just looked.

Ahaha, nice choice :ok_hand:

1 Like

Should probably create a thread about Mike Parker’s music… going through a bit of phase of really enjoying his stuff at the minute

1 Like

It’s my favourite type of techno, stuff like Dozzy, Neel, Rrose, Wata Igarashi, Anthony Linnell, Adiel, Desroi, DJ Nobu etc and lots more, all good stuff :+1:

3 Likes