Almost sold my second…

So this post can just die with only my input, but I thought it would be entertaining and informative to hear some stories about devices that have been purchased more than once and how they have kept their spot in the mix.

I bought the Syntakt on launch day and truly enjoyed using it. The first time I got rid of it was to help fund an OP-1 Field. Didn’t take long for regret to settle in as I never found a groove with the whole OP-1 tape workflow. I am certainly more of a grid based workflow lover.

Several months later I purchased another Syntakt and now enjoy it even more than the first go round.

I have a Digitone as well, but have never experienced a Digitakt. When the DTII was announced, I decided this was the right time to get one. I decided to sell the ST to make me feel better about the purchase. I Made a nice post on Reverb and let it ride for a bit. After further thought, I clear headedly remembered how much sound design I would be missing without the ST. I Love designing on the DN as well, but while FM is lovely it can’t be my only style of synthesis. I also thought about how cool it will be to use the euclidian sequencer on the DTII to control the ST. So (for now) the ST is still going to be a beautiful part of my setup :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Kidney.
Kid.

7 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

I came here expecting the missing word to be “child”, and for DT2, the first one having been sold for ST…

3 Likes

…oh, sell the dtone, put a little budget on top and add the dt2 to ur st and just keep it that way forever…since it’s already prooven and uberobvious…that hw combo is THE timeless killer…

2 Likes

You definitely should get the Digitakt 2 at some point.

I mean, I don’t have it yet but Digitakt is one of the best samplers on the market in my opinion. Digitakt 2 looks phenomenal.

I’ve almost sold my Syntakt like 4 times to fund other things. Often I’ve thought about switching to the Rytm but then I pull up my Syntakt and listen to some projects I’ve done and then start making a new project and realize I can’t go through with selling it. I just hope they add polyphony to it.

But Syntakt and Digitakt 2 is going to be a killer combo. Stereo samples means no more compromises on the Digitakts end.

1 Like

same. I mainly used it for traveling. sold it just to get the DT for traveling. eventually fell in love with DT and ST combo and beauty of Overbridge in the studio.

anyway… I think your point is that sometimes you have to be without stuff to realize how important it is to your workflow. to which I totally agree. that’s why I try and put stuff away for a month or two and write without it before pulling the trigger on selling it.

1 Like

DT2 arrives Monday and everyone gets to stay. Gonna be a bad@ss trio :wink:

1 Like

Yes, polyphony would be amazing on the ST. I don’t know if the DN would still make the cut if ST was polyphonic.

But, of course, that’s Elektron’s business model

Boss RC-505. Listed it on FeeBay for a high price and some doofus bought it. I missed it immediately and wound up sniping a MKII (very nice!). It was a positive on cash flow for loopers!

Also, my Yamaha MOXF6. Bought an MOXF8 (years ago), sold it. Bought an MOXF6, sold it and then bought it again because of the sounds and the keybed. I’ve defaced this one and will play it until it falls apart.

edit: Will undoubtedly one day sell my Digitakt and get a DT2 (16 audio or midi tracks, hooty hoo!) but plan on waiting till the market cools down. There’s a lot of DT1’s up for sale right now.

1 Like