Alesis strike Multipad

https://www.strikemultipad.com/

This looks like a winner for me.
Happy new year Tony

6 Likes

Nice find, if I didn’t have a Nord Drum and Rytm I’d be on this!
Totally ripping the Roland pad (forget the name) but the sampling and editing on board is fantastic!

Hope they do well with this, might have to keep a beady eye on it! Cheers!

3 Likes

Yes, if there was a BF sale for a Nord Drum or Roland sample pad I had ordered one by now, but it looks like this is even better. Let’s see what reality brings, it looks like a winner but,… is not proven yet.

2 Likes

Yeah I’d like to see more of the sample editing and whether or not you can extract individual pad performance from the looper, essentially multitrack, that would be insane!
It looks built to last though and 32gb is a serious amount of storage space. A few stems loaded in with some fx and risers and it’s a busking extravaganza!
Good stuff

Octopad I believe

1 Like

SPD-SX was the one I had in mind…
https://www.roland.com/global/products/spd-sx/

Overview

1 Like

Any Nauts using this ? Looking to control groove agent 5 and battery 4 with it.

I did not, still drum pad less. One day… :panda:

1 Like

I just found a used one in great condition for 550US. It’s coming to me on Friday. I will give a review shortly

1 Like

That would be great. I almost got a used Roland SPD-SX a while back but the seller wanted to keep it after all… wasted my time.

Can it be set up with a sensitivity for finger drumming? I don’t mean playing with hand slaps conga-style, but with comfortable, single-finger taps.

I will find out. I heard the Yamaha dtx multi 12 is setup for finger drumming.

Thanks. I need something that can be played without disturbing others. I have a couple of Nord Drum 3P’s, but they don’t get much playing time because the acoustic volume from striking the pads is too great. I have to play my Zendrum controllers almost exclusively. They’re virtually zero acoustic noise because I set them up as hot as possible so that I can play MIDI velocities 0-128 using finger strikes that are about the same as playing a piano. I doubt the Alesis is made for that kind of sensitivity, but if it’s designed exclusively for conventional drumming technique, then that’s a dealbreaker for me.

That’s why I bought this pad controller my Nord pad is so loud that I need headphones to monitor my playing. I tried playing with a speaker system but the loud hits bled over. What sticks are you using for your Nord 3p?

I forget which sticks specifically because my Nords have been in storage in another location for 2 years. When they finally get shipped to me, I’m considering selling them both because there’s so little time to play them. In my case, even light sticking won’t do it: it’s hand drumming or nothing, and if I have to pound and slap, then I have to stay with my Zendrums. Are you able to hand drum with acceptable response after tweaking the sensitivity and response curve?

Mine is arriving on Friday can’t give you a review until after the weekend.

1 Like

Seams like an unusual product :slightly_smiling_face:

If they would just update the Yamaha… specs are way overdue imho

1 Like

I wanted a Yamaha but it only has 64MB of sampling ram.

I heard the drum engine is all the drums from the Motif rack too. I noticed that the Yamaha is out of stock in many other stores so there maybe an updated model on its way.

The Alesis won it for me over the SPD-SX SE.

1. 32G of sample space
  2. 6G of sample libraries built in. 32-6= 24 G free out of the box
  3. 16 bit 44.1 sampling in engine.
  4. Can import 24 bit audio files. .WAV and AIFF.
  5. Headphone jacks in the front with both 1/4” and 1/8” jacks.
  6. You can color code your pads too.
  7. You can layer two hits per a pad.
  8. A and B knobs to blend effects together.