Album art

5 Likes

God yes, imo the best covers are the ones that make you go “what is this I need to hear what this is.”

2 Likes

my own band :slight_smile:

Greetings from Hamburg

1 Like

91C6F732-3A27-4EE0-A9CC-F8D0FD5EC434

With bonus one of best back covers ever

4 Likes

I have somehow taste in minimalistic artworks I guess :slight_smile:

And here are some album art from myself, for myself or for some friends.

3 Likes

All of the Hipgnosis stuff deserves to be in this thread imo

What do you see in here?

My Band “Ready Peg”. Trippie, soulful and on Spotify :grin:

4 Likes

Album art i‘ve made for my german electro pop project „Der Axiomator“ !

4 Likes

1 Like

Here’s one of mine I did for a limited art/vinyl release that my label has yet to put out:

Here are some tiny paintings I’ve done for another upcoming limited release, this one is a CD release with each disc packaged in a hand made box containing an original 5” x 5” painting:

11 Likes

Woah those are prog as fuck! Can I hire you next time I make a prog album?

The last one reminds me of the cover of Ocean by Eloy, one of my favourite prog bands:

3 Likes

No kidding. There are a few people here I would hire for artwork. Great stuff.

Yes, yes you can. Funny enough, when I was a kid I took a Yes album cover into a local art store and asked “how’d they do this?” I was told ‘airbrush’ (which wasn’t actually accurate!) and began saving allowances until I could afford one. that was 40 years ago and I’ve been painting since, with all manner of media.

That Eloy cover is fantastic. I love prog.

(As an aside, the drummer on the as-yet-unreleased CD for which those little paintings were made is a masterful prog drummer that has played with the likes of Percy Jones, Pat Mastelotto, and Tony Levin, to name a few)

2 Likes

Some of 3d stuff i did year ago for personal project. Now it serves for a missing artwork filler :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Gescom - ISS:SA

11 Likes

My bro’s Ep from 2004, starring my old cat Tigger. By Chris Haughton.

5 Likes

WOW all of these are gorgeous!

We’ve got some damn good artists/designers on this forum!

2 Likes

These are fantastic!