Album art

Did stereolab, foetus and faust really collaborate or was this some sort of mix/comp?

Looks like it was just a split release. I can’t even imagine what a collab between the three would sound like!

1 Like

I managed to get hold of the special vinyl version of Take Me To Your Leader. It came as a total surprise though. I was going through my favourite record shops vinyl bins and suddenly there was King Geedorah, my all-time favourite hiphop-album that I previously only had as a promo-cd. Had to fork out the cash immediately.

1 Like

It all makes sense now seeing the label it was put out on, all hail Die Stadt!

They put out lots of great early industrial including: Organum, Mirror, Fovea Hex, Ora, Monos and The Hafler Trio as well as the Autechre/H3O collab. Really awesome stuff.

1 Like

Not sure mate. All I know is that Jim was always keen to collaborate with others.

This is from his site

Lovely thread!!! :star_struck: yeahhh!!!

4 Likes

Three of my favorites from others:

LSD

And one I drew myself for the inside gatefold of Edward Ka-Spel’s “O’er A Shalabast’r Tyde Strolt Aye”, many, many years ago

3 Likes

I made these:

2 Likes

mo wax - headz 2

4 Likes

YES! I love me some Coil. Your original art is intense.

Eskaton08

2 Likes

7 Likes

Amazing work. JL & Modarch… wow.

2 Likes

Thanks. That was a long, long time ago when I drew it. I’ve done some other Legendary Pink Dots’ related art and printing over the years, including this rather creepy standoff of two deceptive creatures (the album was called 'One Last Pose Before the Ruin"

Here are some paintings and drawings I’ve done for my own records:

360_16361486480865953ea3802ff822ee20

B-side of the picture disc in the above photo

images

2 Likes

The Jimmy Cake - Master

great record too - https://youtu.be/DdX0M_jhZ0M

Before the gender police start hating on me - this has everything to do with art and fuck all to do with boobs - Surfer Rosa - simply beautiful.

4A194FE7-3920-4A58-A654-A9F963EE96C9

3 Likes

Genius album cover:

24240FF5-E5B4-4D05-ADD1-E91A5EC061CA
It’s about boobs, perhaps not art but damn close.

Edit: changed my mind, this IS art.

4 Likes

Blues Control - Local Flavor

I suppose I should be vain and show off some of my own designs as well…

eu2eu1mesh-cdtekacepmtitanubsttcnm

7 Likes

this one still makes me smile every time I flick past it. And ‘twas interesting to see in “24h pty ppl” the bit where they said due to costs on the cover they actually lost money for each one sold :thinking:
D0CD8411-1548-4B4A-952C-CD1D62B1BD78

3 Likes