Akai MPC One [ Retired : Search for MPC Thread ]

There’s a loop setting in the Program Edit page. You turn it on there.

1 Like

Is the pad’s Sample Play set to one shot playback? If so, the loop button will be disabled - change the value to note on to enable looping. It’s a bit of an unhelpful UI, as the playback mode is set on a different screen / tab to the loop toggle.

1 Like

Yes, you can set a sample to loop. You specify your sample settings in Trim or Program mode. It’s very easy.

@Kingtiers / @NickD / @algorithmtoo
on the MPC 1000 you could set a sample’s play mode to “Loop & Hold” so you’d hit the pad once to play and again to stop. It doesn’t seem like that is an option on the ONE’s drum program. Are they just forcing you into using Clips for looping playback?

From what I can see it does seem like they split that off into the Clips program. Kind of annoying. I wish you could just assign a pad to have clip functionality inside a drum program…

Page 442 of the last manual (chapter dedicated to 2.10).

“Drum and Keygroup programs now have note-off as an available option for the sample play triggering parameter”

2 Likes

That means you can trigger a sample when you release a pad. You could layer two samples and have one play when note is on and another for note off … so you could do something like a hi-hat pedal closing and opening with one pad

Yeah it would have been nice to have the option. Especially with the pads being lit or unlit as a sample is playing or stopped (like an SP-202/303/404…)

1 Like

Yeah the only workaround now would be clips or record the actual sample playing and use pad/track mutes to turn on and off

This is where one would use the Clips function. It’s an Ableton-like clip workflow. It works differently than regular MPC linear sequencing.

These are the little frustrations I have with Akai…this one should be an easy one to implement and people have been asking for this since release, instead they insist on us using Clips for this, which changes the proposition a bit. One workaround is to use a clip program on one track and a pad controller (eg MPD218) to control that track’s clip trigs via midi, while having the MPC focused on the drum program of choice.

That option is per pad, not per sample.
So it’s even better as you could have a pad with 4 layered samples and their effects triggered on play, this pad could be linked to another pad that plays ‘on hold’ and a third one that plays on release.

2 Likes

Will not say that they are more sensitive but their response feels a bit better. I never could do good finger drumming on the MPC: sample triggered too short, sometimes not triggered at all when playing to fast, etc.

With the 2.10 update all is fine now, actually pretty happy with that!

1 Like

if they would have made it so that we could use the cv outs as extra audio outs that would have made the Mpc one just a little bit more awesome

The MPC One and X don’t have the rubber finish (I still have the One and used to own an X). The MPC Live I owned did have some weird rubber finish which could degrade after a while,depending on the climate and/or usage I guess. I don’t know about the Live II but I’m sure someone else here can answer that.

1 Like

Pick a thread. :wink:

Cheers!

1 Like

Threads should be merged. The OS is the same and only differences between the machines are physical.

9 Likes

Agreed. At this point, I think of them all as “the modern MPC” with slight variations.

6 Likes

I agree. I said this from the get-go. Following both threads is a pain. Hell, the original thread was for both the Live and the X. It just makes sense to have them all under one roof.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Merge ’em!

1 Like