Akai MPC One [ Retired : Search for MPC Thread ]

I want to rip the factory screen protector off so badly! :laughing: :rofl:

3 Likes

Heheheā€¦I do too :slight_smile: but I canā€™t seem to bring myself to do this.

Maybe in the next videoā€¦Just for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice work (as usual). Itā€™s so good, you really ought to go back and fix the audio on the YT upload. Everytime I think I am in no way interested in an MPC One, you post a new video that make me go ā€œwellā€¦ā€ O_o

Thanks, I appreciate that. I think I might do thatā€¦too bad we canā€™t just replace a video on YouTubeā€¦

Updated nowā€¦used the Normalized audio track on the videoā€¦it should sound a lot better now. Thanks for catching that!

1 Like

I cut a matte iPad protector down to size. Worked perfectly and cost only a few dollars.

2 Likes

Genius. I think i have an extra one.

1 Like

A few weeks back I decided to commit and ripped the screen protectors off of both, my Digitone and my Analog Keys. Felt really good. Iā€™m not planning to sell either ever, so why not.

3 Likes

Just gotta say againā€¦Iā€™m vibing on this track right now. Itā€™s hittinā€™. Thanks for sharing man. So good!

2 Likes

Managed to get another track out todayā€¦on the lower tempo moody side of things. Starting 4th Week of Shelter-in-Placeā€¦and just trying to keep my heart and spirit aligned with the beauty of the universe and all that God has given us.

I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe and are in good spirits. Peace, love and joy be with you all.

Hereā€™s a bit of head music for you while you focus on all the blessings and love in your life:

YouTube:

SoundCloud:

Feel free to download it and add to your collection. Last two tracks on SoundCloud are available for download.

Cheers!

5 Likes

Absolutely loved that. The pads remind me of a Wavestation and give me a similar vibe to the intro of ā€˜Tedraā€™ by Kenny Larkin.

Hi guys, just saw this bloke on YT running his MPC One with a tiny battery. Only thing is that the Battery specs do not match the MPC voltage. The battery has a 7.4v output while the MPC draw 19v, yet it works. Now we donā€™t know what the implications are long term.
Anyone who knows their electronics care to have a go at this Ā« miracle Ā»?

Here is the video:

Here is the battery:

7.4v, 6,600 mAh, 48,8Wh

Here is a higher capacity one I found in the UK:

I ordered one but decided to cancel as I have no idea what Iā€™m doing and I waited for so long to get my One that it doesnā€™t make sense to jeopardise it all. And letā€™s be frank I have nowhere to go to at the moment that would justify the need for a battery. :slight_smile:

Let me know your thoughts, if you have any knowledge on the matter. I gave it a go but itā€™s way over my head. My basic knowledge is that as long as you have more amps on the supply than what the machine draws youā€™re fine, but too little voltage could make the machine behave weirdly and damage it.

Seeing how badly the Live reacts if you deleted the samples it comes with, who knows how the One could react long term with less voltageā€¦

Cheers!

Sheesh, someone is selling a like new ONE on reverb for a silly price, and including a 400gb sd card. This seems too good to be true. Or are SD cards really dirt cheap right now? Two days ago I saw someone selling for $100 over street. Wild. Tempted to take a flyer on this but donā€™t really have time for it at the moment anyway.

Edit: gone. But not me

I wouldnā€™t risk it on a product that just got released and itā€™s pretty much soldout at every retailer here in the UK, I can still find it in Music Store, but that is the biggest resaler in Europe. All the main shops in UK have the MPC one sold out, and considering covid-19, anyone smart enough would sell this now at a higher price. So I can only think anything way below its retail price would be a scam.

2 Likes

Iā€™d expect that undervolting a device like the One (or any digital device) would be crash-o-rama. Not as bad as over-voltage though.

Unless the MPC One can work on a wider voltage range than published - maybe this was a production decision to use the same(?) power brick as the Live.

That dude proved you can wave the One around in the air without tiring for 20+ minutes though.:smirk:

1 Like

Ive owned 2 x MPC-X and 1 x Akai Force and easily prefer the MPC-One. Its almost perfect

3 Likes

Thanks for answering mate. Itā€™s surely a weird Ā« one Ā» (hoho). About your suggestion that the voltage was maybe a business decision to match the Liveā€™s power brickā€¦ wouldnā€™t you know, it also matches the Xā€™s !!

I settled on another DC out battery pack. Bigger but at least it matches voltage and amps :

Krisdonia Laptop Power Bankā€¦ https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078XPYH4R?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Been using it for a week now. After 2:30 hours of constant use, charge down by 20% after that I lost track of added up time but Iā€™m pretty sure Itā€™s over 10 hours in a single charge.

Highly recommend it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Totally agree. Owned 3x MPC1000, 1 DT and a OP-1 (still do) and for what I like to do, it ticks pretty much all the boxes.

1 Like

d2ba and le_filou can you guys expand on what you like so much about the mpc one?

Question -

Mine is arriving on Monday (Iā€™ve been waiting a while, and with all the home time, have watched a ton of videos). As an Elektron user, who also enjoys deeper/complex machines (octatrack, Blofeld - etc.), and being new to the mpc world (had a 500 that I turned on and turned off again before flipping) is the mpc Bible something I should look into?

From what Iā€™ve seen and read, the mpc one seems intuitive and with a reasonable learning curve, and thereā€™s nothing I donā€™t ā€˜getā€™, or feel I wonā€™t understand without a bit of trial and error.

From the description on the mpc Bible website, the mpc one edition is a slight update to the mpc live edition.

Or due to the length of time the Live has been out, would everything Iā€™d need, be found on YouTube and the like?

Thanks

The MPC bibles are not bad for any MPC. but you can also just watch tubediggaā€™s videos & skim the gearslutz MPC Live thread for as long as you can stand :slight_smile: Thatā€™s clued me in on me most of the shortcuts Iā€™ve needed. The manual is an easy read too.

1 Like