Akai MPC Live Mk II

I really think doing the MPC One in classic grey like they did the Live MkII would jump sales. I would get One for sure.

2 Likes

Lol.

1 Like

Available at Moog Audio now. FYI

Edit: I see you ordered one already. Congrats!

2 Likes

good use of pad lights

30 seconds was enough.

1 Like

remind me Pedro le Kraken

1 Like

Great post. I personally find that keeping an old machine around as an alternative to the Live is the best way. Sometimes you just want that old school, more methodical workflow. It keeps things fresh.

2 Likes

What cases are people using with their Live 2?
I got a magma case and sent it back as it didn’t even have foam on the bottom. Then got UDG CONTROLLER MEDIUM as that had two layers of foam. Buuuut, the mpc rattles around in there, so that’s going back….

Deck saver and some straps is looking best. Just putting that in a bag I guess.

I ended up using a laptop backpack

1 Like

Yes, I’ve been doing this too.
I also use a Magna case with a small Arturia MicroLab next to it that fills the case perfectly. Most of the time it’s in a backpack though.

1 Like

Well, I have looked at many things.

The Magma case and the Decksaver are pretty much your best bet…

Pro-Tip : print out the 2.9 manual and put it under the MPC, it actually makes for added protection :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks guys. Decksaver ordered. I’ll see how it fits in the UDG with the extra hight.

@nIdaL love the look of those retros :heart_eyes:

1 Like

where’s the best prices for these cases you guys are using?

Looks cute AF, thinking about trading up from my live mk1, the retro edition looks like its easier to read the text than on the OG model?

3 Likes

I also own the Live II Retro, and yes…the text is much easier to read than then black edition. Especially when it’s getting darker in a room

2 Likes

I’m visiting family in the US right now so I grabbed the Live 2 retro and also an Analog case for it. It seems pretty good for my purposes. I worry about the handles on these, long term, but on the whole it’s going to get the job done for now.

3 Likes

I really think I have to invest in the retro model. The MPC live is such a core piece of my setup now.

3 Likes

You might want to join this thread, already in progress. Also, a lot of people (not me) demanded MPC threads be merged into that thread

I just did.

2 Likes

The analog case is nice, but it is really just a rebranded amazon case you can get for much cheaper. I really like skb cases but for some reason the live 2 one is just a terrible design i feel… Way thicker then it needs to be…
I found a perfect case by a company called eylar cases, but it is out of stock now. But they make a thin laptop version of their 16" case that is perfect. It leaves only a 1/2" of padding all around the mpc on the sides so it fits it perfect. If you want a great durable case for the live 2 i would wait for them to get more in… The regular 16" case is way too thick at 6" thick but this one is a perfect 2" or 3" tall… whatever it is it fits perfect and seems really nice. Hope that helps someone.
I like mine, it is a cool grey that matches the retro color and is waterproof and has a purge thing.