AKAI Force

Totally agree. And to think how much the MPC 2.X software would be opened up VST hosting, the way NI Maschine has…

I think for most people, what’s included here is enough, especially if live performance is the goal. It’s more effects than you’ll find on an Octatrack, plus some synth instruments as well. Plus quick computer integration if and when you need the additional power.

1 Like

Would be interesting to get a more in-depth-review of its MIDI sequencer and the MIDI functions it provides…

edit: the filter-icons-animation is clearly stolen from the DN :rofl:

3 Likes
2 Likes

I’m not sure. You’d usually have to convert for FX then add 20% vat. That’d put it somewhere in-between. Guess we’ll find out soon enough though!

i think this is a serious competitor for the Pioneer DJS-1000.

The link port could be to connect to the Denon Dj Prime Series

When was the last time he mentioned streaming, to you knowledge?

i had an sp16 , … akai force looks better.
sp16 is ok , it needs more development on the firmware though.

Not American.

What would really put the cat amongst the pigeons for me would be if the promised Live integration covers, say, 90-95% of what Push 2 shows and displays. If that happens then those, like me, with a Push 2 might take another look and consider selling up.

Been ages since I looked at the MPC software. It works as a plugin in a DAW right? If it did and you could easily drag and drop samples from Live into Force to build sets then that would be pretty impressive.

I was just looking at that section of Akai’s official Force page. It’s encouraging.

Attention all Ableton Live enthusiasts! Shortly after its international release, Force’s development program includes a pivotal update that guarantees one-for-one control of all core production and performance functionality within Ableton Live. From total visibility and command of Ableton’s clip matrix to tactile control of core mixer and device parameters instantiated in Ableton Live’s workspace, Force forms the beating heard of your creativity, guaranteeing immediate, effortless integration within your existing setup.

So this could make it a bit like a Push Ultra. That 7" Display could guarantee not having to interact with Live on the computer.

5 Likes

Life lesson #3 don’t buy it till that feature is bulletproof. That could be one year away for all we know. We all get excited during announcements then find out the feature isn’t ready for prime time until later in the year.

14 Likes

That was my first thought when I realized one could bring their set on a usb drive, a boon for touring electronic acts. Just bring your set on usb. If ableton Live ends up with some kind of export set to Force feature or something this could be amazing

1 Like

in this video they say : ABLETON CONTROL MODE WITH .ALS EXPORT (min 1:10)

1 Like

Certainly if you require that functionality.

If I were on the fence about using it like a Push, though, I’d use that time to get real good with standalone mode.

1 Like

I look forward to buy this at half price from some delusioned GAS junkie that fell in love with it for some unknown reason :relaxed:

2 Likes

Stop it. Im managing my GAS ok right now and don’t need temptation…!

2 Likes

Why is the UI So ugly in every akai product.

3 Likes

I wish they’d (Ableton too) make all these damn things more lengthwise. Reaching your arms out to constantly turn knobs is brutal. Why not have all that on the side and the pads on the left?

See Massada exporting Force project to Ableton Live in this video (min 8:40)… Who knows in the next Ableton Update you can export a project and open it with MPC Software/Live/X/Force!

Don’t wanna put my faith on this but…

2 Likes

I asked akai for price and it’s £1469

1 Like