AKAI Force

Good to see.

Export from Force to Live and what @elek mentioned, Export from Live to Force, are two different things, though.

Time will tell!

Various workflow options seem possible. Standalone, Standalone then export to Live, Use with Live the entire time…
Standalone then export to Live and then use with Live…

1 Like

If they do this, i think a lot of music hardware makers, will be in trouble…

One thing i wanna know, is the maximum size or length of an audio sample you can load in the clip

1 Like

It’s ugly but it works. Mpc 2.0 has nice layering, good four band EQs, believable mpc 60 and 3000 output emulation, LFOs per pad options but it requires a bigger screen than 15” to discover.

I see no reason that it would be different from the capabilities of the MPC Live & MPC X, which, like the FORCE, both share the 2GB ram limitation, but they convert imported samples up to 32bits, so it can get a little complex…

Well, if you consistently stick to just using a single bit rate for your ‘incoming’ samples, then we can say that the MPC Live/MPC X can load around 850MB of 24 bit samples into memory, or 565MB of 16 bit samples .

In real world terms, you’ll most likely have a mix of 16 bit and 24 bit samples, plus any audio you ‘create’ inside the MPC, such as audio tracks, sampled audio in the SAMPLER screen or sample chops and sample copies created within the MPC Software will all be 32 bit floating point, so in which case it would be better to state that the MPC Live and MPC X can store around 53 minutes of stereo audio in memory , or 106 minutes of mono audio . Remember this assumes everything is at a 44.1kHz samplerate.

1 Like

Oh man if it works who cares?

Didnt see it somewhere… but how many work memory (ram) does this thing have? That was a bit of a bummer on the Pioneer SP-16. They couldnt update anymore, so no 2nd fx slot… how is that on this thing…

Edit: @unbesbai same question ha…

1 Like

Maybe they want to avoid the beefs just like with the 2GB ramgate

The FORCE has 2GB, it’s on Akai’s site.

2 Likes

I think if you’re buying this thing to enhance your creative process, you should care about the aesthetical experience it offers.

1 Like

inMusic Brands is attacking very hard in music business… with all this Force thing i think a lot of people didn’t realise they put out a 4-DECK STANDALONE DJ SYSTEM WITH 10” TOUCHSCREEN the Prime 4

1 Like

There might also be a new line of MPD controllers too since the 232 and 226 are now discontinued. Good year for new gear.

When I buy a shovel, the last thing on my mind is how it looks.

If making music to you is like digging a hole in the ground…

I’m not saying it’s just ugly, i’m saying the interface looks ugly. It’s how you interact with the instrument, not how it looks. But that’s just me, if it works for you, it works for you.

1 Like

are pads pressure sensitive? If they are not im going to pass on this one. Hoping they are either their MPC pads or something similar to Push 1.

Yeah they are velocity sensitive

Warp

Never miss a beat, thanks to Force’s dual custom real-time time stretch algorithms and auto BPM detection for effortless syncing of all audio within your project to your master BPM.

If this works like in Toraiz SP16 it will be huuuuge

If new MPDs are released I’d say they will be marketed towards iPad bit more than previous editions.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a new MPC fly

1 Like

Ha I’m gonna nick that one. What a colourful expression

It did say as @AdamJay pointed out on the leaked spec information the cross fader included parameter assignment so maybe it’s just not out yet. Seemed like a proper written breakdown from a gear retailer. It’s a bit further up the thread so don’t write it off yet. That would be the real draw for me. Love my cross fader

3 Likes

I dig holes in the ground to plant beautiful trees and make my yard awesome.

1 Like

I do ! And this akai thing is the ugliest pair of socks i’ve seen in a long long time :joy: