AKAI Force

Is that clip disabled?

yeah, that’s just the pic i took cause i’ve found it funny, sorry ))

this one’s better
2 Likes

Supposedly around €1600,-

Force blurs the lines between contemporary music production solutions and the latest technologies available for DJ performance, a first among the industry standards. By merging clip triggering, step-sequencing, sampling, but also in-house synthesis engines, not to mention the latest-generation touchscreen, all in one stand-alone performance equipment, the Force combines the essential features to offer ultra-intuitive ergonomics and allow you to give free rein to your creativity.

Force embeds a matrix of 8x8 trigger pads with RGB backlight, a 7-inch color touch screen, 8 touch-sensitive potentiometers with individual graphic OLed display, 2 audio inputs, 4 audio outputs, not to mention the MIDI and CV Gate connectivity . All this end to end leaves the user unprecedented creative freedom, since it even goes to emancipate a complementary computer.

The very essence of Force consists of a workflow focused on the use of the clips, which are at the origin of your creative performances. Choose multiple modes such as plugins, MPC-style drum tracks, but also audio tracks, Keygroups, MIDI tracks, and CV tracks to set your clip type, then customize them with step sequencer and performance pads , and add notes via the edit window or the smart-scales, chords or progressions modes.

In addition, Force has advanced real-time timestrech capabilities and pitch modulation with quality equivalent to current music production software, effects plug-in from AIR Music Technology collections, and TubeSynth synthesis engines. , Bassline and Electric. Another synth, Hype, extends this list, a synth based on presets and macros accumulating several synthesis engines in one plugin, easy to use. Force can also record up to 8 stereo audio tracks.

Force includes more than 10GB of embedded sounds, from the most famous collections of premium content like SampleTools by CR2, MSX Audio and Sample Magic. With 248 kits, 16 demo projects, more than 2,500 loops and 500 designs, the Force library opens the doors to the best sounds for your creativity.

As of March 2019, Force will also include deep integration with Ableton Live in controller mode. This feature will include visibility and full control over the Ableton clip array, touch control of mix parameters including crossfader assignment, and control of Force settings on the Ableton Live workspace, via the screen. Touch and Force Q-Link knobs.

In addition, March 2019 will also mark the integration of Splice into Force. Splice Sounds powers the creativity of producers around the world with access to millions of high-quality, royalty-free samples, sounds, presets and loops, covering almost every genre of music. With the integration of Splice, Force users will have immediate Wi-Fi access to their own Splice library directly from the touch user interface - perfect for ultra-fast auditioning of sounds to be integrated into their project.

◙ Standalone - no computer needed
◙ Matrix of 8x8 RGB pads for triggering clips
◙ 7-inch multi-touch screen
◙ 1 push encoder wheel for navigation and selection
◙ 1 crossfader A / B
◙ 2 combo inputs Xlr / Mic Jack / instruments / line
◙ 4 TRS outputs
◙ MIDI In / Out / Thru minijack (minijack to 5-pin adapters included)
◙ 4 configurable CV / Gate outputs
◙ Remix, merge and produce with 6 different programs for complete audio / MIDI / CV sequencing
◙ Performance modes including drum MPC, notes, smart note suite, chords and chord progression
◙ MPC Sample Editor
◙ Automatic detection of BPM, real-time time stretching and pitch modulation
◙ 8 Q-Link touch-sensitive potentiometers with individual graphic Oled display
◙ 4 powerful and fully customizable synthesis engines
◙ 16 GB of internal memory (including more than 10 GB of sounds included)
◙ SD card slot and 2 USB 3.0 ports compatible with USB storage devices or MIDI controllers
◙ 2.5 "SATA connector internally (SSD or HDD) for an extension of the internal storage by the user
◙ 1 Type-B USB port for connecting to a Mac / PC computer
◙ 1 TRS headphone output
◙ Weight and dimensions: 3.87 kg, 350 x 389 x 72.5 mm

i think companies are playing ‘who can list it , get a few hits , then hide the page’.

that french site removed this info yesterday.
its gone from gear4music
the video is unlisted but still available too.

1 Like

ui look like lego brick

1 Like

£1,500 though. Ouch. Really can’t help the “why not get Push, interface, Ableton and a cheap laptop instead” comparisons here.

8 Likes

I like everything except the price tag. It’s a great alternative to the Push/Ableton workflow so the need for a laptop is out of the picture. But like expressed above, why limit yourself to Just it’s 4 synth engines, unless it’s planned to be expanded on.

i dunno, i think it’s nice price. have you seen mpc x?

I do see an appeal of it. No matter what I tell myself, I do get distracted when on my laptop. Just natural when you have the internet and gear videos to get GAS over I suppose. Force seems quite instant and, in a way, going back to the core of music writing.

It does make me wonder. If Ableton some day knocked out something similar, it’d be amazing. Say some sort of arbitrary standalone limitations (track count, certain instruments/FX only, etc) but when plugged into your computer it would open things up the DAW we know today. I suppose many would ask why bother with a laptop for that too but I could see the appeal. I just don’t feel that I need another DAW like system when I have Live there I guess.

One word: portability, compared to the setup you describe. For me it’s very important to have a low setup barrier, because I don’t have much time and my man cave is a mess. Hence, I like to set up camp in the living room and jam in front of the fireplace. That’s why I like my OP-Z so much. Plug in EarPods, turn the knob.

4 Likes

LMAO, Trap performance with a white guy playing guitar.

12 Likes

I’m really curious to see how all of this will be implemented in the Live/X, but being a Live owner, I’d upgrade just for step sequencer mode…

True. The only thing that I would complain about was the latency of the track levels during the akai video. If you are used to good metering like on cubase 9.5+ that would bug you.

1500 for an instrument that loops, samples, mangles vs 1500 laptop + 700 push + 500 live + 200 interface = 2900.

Thinking about it more this is a steal for 1500. Think of the desk space you can save. Now you have space for the green tea matcha where your laptop used to be.

2 Likes

gamechanging!
also i love reel to reel tape recorder and candles. what a vibe )))

Is it battery operated?

guitar was bad , i’m not sure its colour specific genre though…

1 Like

still, nothing is said about ram. makes me wonder…
ah, i see, they’ve limited amount of tracks, so i guess, there’s even no more need for cpu/ram icon

is this the same screen as the one found on the MPC live or is it an update?

Like maybe if they had Juicy J playing the guitar it would have been OK. At least give this poor guy a cup of Sizzurp and a grill. I’m a white guy who makes beat its all jokes dude! Appropriation is something to consider, but shouldn’t hold anyone back from expressing themselves as long as it’s done in a respectful and educated way.

1 Like