AKAI Force

I would buy a force again if they updated the design. It was just too big for me

3 Likes

I would sell my Force if they made a bigger one with 16 q-links! The Force has gotten so vital to my workflow that i would just make it work. Even if i only use it in a pretty basic manner.

2 Likes

Oh! I was goosebumps thinking in this form factor. I was an Akai Force owner, but the size and the the flat screen in the top made me angry every time I used it, so this will be amazing :disappointed:

1 Like

Iā€™m perfectly fine with the current Force form factor - I just want a tilt-screen and a faster SoC (not only more RAM, but absolutely faster CPU so we can get more instances of plug-ins and more audio tracks via disk streaming). My MPC Live II is for the ā€œon-the-goā€ stuff.

Butā€¦ admittedlyā€¦ I wouldnā€™t be mad if they did a smaller Force II that had a built-in battery and speaker, and used the button sizes from the new APC Key 25 mk2 series. But it would need to be no larger than the current Live II size, IMHO. Anything larger would make a battery silly.

2 Likes

A smaller Force, with battery and an 84 grid instead of 88. Iā€™d love that. I had both the Mpc and force and sold the Force as the Mpc form factor was more appealing, plus itā€™s better for finger drumming.
I might get a Force again and use it for production, with the Mpc being the finger drumming and inspiration oneā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™ve flip flopped between the Force and an MPC a couple of times, but never owned both at once. Considering doing that at the mo, with the Force as the master/brain and to manage the production side, and the MPC to handle drums/finger drumming and samples.

Anyone else running both as a ā€˜power comboā€™ or is that just excessive!!!

I currently run a force with a TR8S and microfreak

I actually donā€™t mind the Force form factor, I find it reassuringly solid and with a good case I donā€™t mind using it for live and rehearsal work largely because it feels so solid I have more faith in it than other devices.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got both Force and an MPC Live II. But I keep my Force in my studio as a permanent ā€œbrainā€, as I prefer the Ableton Live workflow especially when sequencing my external hardware. I use my Live II when Iā€™m sitting on the couch or out on the road. But honestly, if the MPC ever gets the rumored Force OS and adopts a Clip/Matrix workflow, Iā€™d probably sell my Force and just keep my MPC for everything. Or maybe not - I do love the 64 pads on Force and split-screen workflow. MPC will never be able to rival that no matter what they do with the software IMHO.

1 Like

If the Force arrived in a more attractive format, Iā€™d consider it. It seems its workflow and structure would be perfect for me. But I just canā€™t handle the behemoth factor of it.

1 Like

Hello everyone - just a quick question about the 2 inputs on the Force. I have Novation Peak permanently connected to the inputs, but have to turn on the inputs every time I power up the Force either via Looper or Sampler. Am I missing something obvious here? Shouldnā€™t the inputs just be active - like on the Digitone etc? Thanks for reading.

The inputs are always active, but unless youā€™ve created an audio-track for them and have your monitor set to ā€œonā€, how is Force supposed to know you want to hear audio? So Looper or Sampler give you the option, and you have to turn monitor on to hear them there. Otherwise, create an audio track for your Novation Peak, assign the two inputs to the track, and turn on monitor. Save it as a default Project. Done.

1 Like

Perfect, thanks. Of course it makes sense when explained like that. Thanks again

1 Like

3DWaves AF1 18Ā° angle $55: 3DWaves AF1 Stands For The Akai Force Sampler / Sequencer | Reverb.
3DWaves AF2 30Ā° angle $60: 3DWaves AF2 Stands For The Akai Force Sampler / Sequencer | Reverb.

I have the AF2 and it takes up around the same amount of space as a 15" laptop.

1 Like

I would welcome a larger Force, 12ā€ tilt screen, trackpad, 16 Qlinks, master faders, multiple crossfaders, more dedicated buttons, and a pullout Theremin antenna. Right now the size is perfect for me but Iā€™d definitely go bigger.

And the ultimate combo wouldnā€™t be the MPC live and Force, it would be the MPCKeys and Force.

1 Like

WHATT!!??

So hereā€™s my perfect Force:

• square pads like on the Launchpad Pro, I prefer these for playing keys

• the controls to the left and to the right of the screen move to the left and to the right of the pads (so the Force would have to be 15-20 cm wider)

• the only thing behind the q-links is a 10" tiltable 0-70Ā° screen

It would be less sturdy for sure, but so much easier to use. Like this, but narrower, as the pads would be square:

4 Likes

are you left or right handed?

1 Like

Right handed. Well, it may make sense to swap the left and right ā€œwingsā€ā€¦

1 Like

In seriousness though, looking at your design reminded me of a DJ controller, then got me thinking that wouldnā€™t be a bad way to present the Force, picture it in the format of a Pioneer CDJ-3000 or the centre section of their controllers with those angled screensā€¦ :bulb:

5 Likes

Haha, youā€™re 100% right, I didnā€™t think about it, but it definitely looks like a DJ controller. Well, that shape is popular for a reason. But now I canā€™t stop thinking about adding jog dials to the Forceā€¦