AKAI Force

It sure ain’t pretty…
The name is really bad also.
They are hoping that Star Wars fans will buy this I guess.
Nothing like a booger covered touchscreen to make your creative juices flow.

3 Likes

Akai force : wow I can’t wait to see Ableton and NI’s answer to THAT!
Hello Push 3 , hello Maschine Jam mk2 on steroids! :grinning:

With time, this can grow a serious system. If only you could load at least some vst plugins there…

But I wouldn’t pay the price to beta test this…

You want sameish end-result cheaper? Get a cheap window tablet and a Maschine controller, hide the tablet. :kissing_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

After getting my OP-Z and using that, OP-1, and Korg Gadget, all my notions about portability have been blown up.

Especially Korg Gadget: I think many people wanting these all in one boxes would do well to check out Gadget with Korg’s studio controllers.

I had passed over it so long, and now that I tried it, I’m like “why was I ignoring this for so long?”

I know why. Because for the longest time, iOS music composition was a complete PIA. That is rapidly changing.

3 Likes

You’ve been OBified.

3 Likes

Things learned from the video tutorial series:

4 FX sends, The FX returns can have a chain of 4 different FX.

Additionally, there are 4 insert FX per track.

Outs 1/2 and 3/4 can have their own independent 4 insert FX as well.

3 Likes

People keep saying that about Gadget. I still didn’t try it, cause you can’t use all the other purchased apps with it

1 Like

As to features, MPC and Force are on the same codebase, so if Force gets it, so will MPC. this is our strategy to diversify and support both products, and future products as well.

3 Likes

To me it sounds that the new clip views and how the matrix pads are implemented are no more than pure copies of ableton solutions.
Isn’t there patents to protect companies from being copied like this!?

1 Like

go ask bitwig maybe ? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

more demos/promos coming out.

Ableton sold the design, or the patent lifecycle is over. Or they are just feeling stupid now, if they ommited to do it

Wonder of the pads lights are as washed out as they are on video, or if they are more saturated and colorful in person (i hope so). They look like shit on vid.

Ive just watched an 18 minute walkthrough of this machine’s features and i immediately came here to see if anybodies opinions match mine. Theres no point me being so negative but believe me when i say i could easily go off on an ugly internet rant about this thing.

My first thought was ‘who is this actually for???’ But it seems all the folks here have not had the same reaction as me (the reaction that im not gonna relay to you because its very negative)

Is anybody drooling looking at this thing?

4 Likes

2GB of ram

neh, they all pay royalties to microsoft excel.:grin:

7 Likes

Are you impliing that mpc software is in fact big excel 1998 macro?
:rofl:

4 Likes

I agree, its new gear hype though.

I just watched the video and I’m floored. I’m wondering why the MPC X is 2200 and this 1500. This seems so much more…capable.

I have and an MPC live and X and absolutely love them. That said, I definitely want to sell my X and get this.

thanks! yep, saw it, also cpu/ram icons also there, in menu ) guess, same limitations then…