AK Overbridge into Ableton issue - Help!

I’m baffled.

Just like I did with my Digitakt, in Ableton Live 11 I created a midi track, dropped the Analog Keys VST onto it, set Midi From as the VST, All Channels.

Created 5 audio tracks, set to receive audio from the AK Midi track, and picked each of the tracks and the inputs.

When I play something on the AK, I receive signal through the main midi VST track, and I can hear the combined signal of all voices together through the DAW. That’s fine.

Unfortunately, none of the individual tracks are receiving a signal at all. They show no activity, nothing on the little level meter.

Is there a setting on the AK that would stop it sending the audio of individual outs over usb? I can’t find anything that suggests that, but I can’t see what I might have done wrong in Ableton.

Thanks

You need to enable the individual channels in Overbridge Control Panel - It’s in your Elektron folder.

AK, A4mk1 and ARmk1 are older and don’t have the same usb bandwidth as later devices, so you need to enable what you need. If you try to enable all, you’ll get warnings in the Control Panel.

2 Likes

Thanks @garf that was indeed it.

Looks like I will be able to simultaneously record everything but the inputs without issue. Including those gives me crackle, but that’s not an issue because I planned on disabling the internal sending of the tracks to the output anyway, using it just for what I am putting through the input.

1 Like