AHFX // LFO (3) note trig // midi

Hej there folks

With the help of this forum I got the “MIDI to Env Follower CC16” trick going and I can have one-shot as well as retrigging envelopes on the AHFX on LFO 1 and 2, but not on 3!

The manual also states:

• ONE The LFO starts when a note is trigged, then runs to the end of the waveform and then stops. This makes the LFO function similar to an envelope.
• HALF The LFO starts when a note is trigged, then runs halfway through the waveform and then stops.

I tried it with different Midi settings and on both the Heat and FX midi channel, to no avail. You can’t seem to trigger the LFOs with note events, despite the manual saying it.
I guess it’s a typo since the retrig txt says

• TRIG The LFO run continuously, but restarts on the event of an envelope trig.
and that’s also how the LFOs behave in ONE/HALF modes.

So is this a bug that it doesn’t work for LFO 3 and has someone else encountered this?
(this LFO3 quirk is on FW1.01)

Additionally: is it planned that the AHFX gets LFO triggering via Note events (which would make life sooo much easier)?

cheers

this is the old thread about it:
The quirk is on the AHFX you need to set it to midi value 126 on CC 12, as with value 127 it just locks up, no matter what other event values you send!

I am still waiting !
It works with CV…

1 Like

Well, first I sent a support ticket due to LFO3 not reacting like 1 & 2 does, let’s see what they say! :slight_smile:

Oh and right, I could also send CV from Eurorack, too. Tho atm I’m just trying direct Elektron to Elektron machines and there’s sadly no CV.

1 Like

I already asked them about the LFO3 not triggering. It’s because lfo3 is refresh before the enveloppe because the LFO3 can modulate enveloppe parameters (including threshold parameter that affects the trig behavior). So they explained it’s the normal behavior.

1 Like

ah, good to know and pls Elektron, write these things into your manuals! Coz all that is stated in the AHFX manual is:

7.4.7 LFO3 PAGE 1 This page contains the same parameter as LFO1 PAGE 1 but instead controls LFO3.
7.4.8 LFO3 PAGE 2 This page contains the same parameter as LFO1 PAGE 2 but instead controls LFO3.

Nowhere indicating that LFO3 is in any way different than the others. Also why does it have trigger controls when it can’t be triggered and thus used as an envelope?