AHFX appreciation thread

Having had the AHFX for almost a year now, I’ve really grown to love this box! Especially after the new Overbridge update that allows for boosting the signal, there has been no more problems with output levels through OB.

I’m using this for coloring single tracks and stems. I had to get used to bouncing the tracks through it, but that is a good thing as it slows the process down. It makes me listen and think with more focus on the sounds. Nearly everything I put through it sounds better.

Some people have complained about the simple FX, but the truth is, they all are useful! I would love to see somekind of more experimental delays or reverb algorithms in there, but with all the modulation options even the ones we have can rip the space-time apart. Nothing wrong with the effects here.

Although AHFX is capable of complete sonic transformations, I’ve noticed I’m using it mostly for pretty simple stuff, such as making things heavier, smoother, lighter, sparklier. For more experimental textural things I still turn to Beads or plugins. AHFX can make pretty much anything sound good or interesting! And I’m still underutilizing its powers. In fact, I should take some time to focus on its adventurous side more. I’m sure a lot of awesome surprises are hiding in there!

If there’s something that I’d like to get in a future update, that would probably be some sort of stereo imaging FX block, like the one on SSL Fusion. AHFX has the Chorus and Warble (tape) effects that can add width to sounds, but a separate block to control the width and adjust stereo imaging would be incredibly useful for treating single tracks, stems and even mastering.

Anyway, this box is awesome and I wanted to say it! :totes:

7 Likes