AH MK2 Sent/Return FX

Hi there! This is my first post, great support.

I noticed in the Overbridge controle panel that the AH also showes FX sent and return.
Now I was thinking of adding some outboard gear like a compressor or an erica Acidbox.

I would need to use the stereo in/outs of the AH and use my headphone out as main out.

Would this work? Is it possible to use the stereo in/out of the AH to make a send/return loop with gear in between?

1 Like

Nobody using the in and outs with fx?

Give it a go?
Or do you mean you’re thinking of getting one for this purpose?

I would buy it if I had a mixer and would make it work for sure.
Since this is a unknown feature I just wanted to know if others AH users have experience with this.

Today i did a test with my 4 track tapedeck.

I put the output of my tapedeck to the input of the Heat (and i was able to hear the tape)
Then i put the output of the Heat in my tape input.

In a way it was working, i had a bit of feedback loop i think, but not to crazy except when i cranked the Heat filter, but was able to get a nice sweet spot.

Anyway, i would like to know why there is a FX sent and return in the overbridge engine software.

@Elektron

1 Like

Ok so i just ordered a ACIDBOX lll.

Guess i will find out soon if it works.
Wil let know the results!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the fx send is so you can use the fx (distortion/filter) as a ‘plugin’ and still be able to use the audio interface.

Hi,

Well i tried all the options within routing, but did not see any signal going tru the FX section.
I use it standard as plugin and audio interface.
For this experiment i am using my headphones out as main out.

Today i found out that in de audio setting menu is stated.

1 analog in/out in/out
2 usb cc moce N/A
3 usb tot main 0 db
4 FX to usb N/A

the fx to usb is (4) not changeable so that says a lot! Maybe in a future update?

@Elektron

USB CC MODE and FX TO USB are only available when USB CONFIG is set to USB AUDIO/MIDI, not in OVERBRIDGE mode.