AFX disciples

Rolando Simmons to me would fit this.

3 Likes

We would not be looking for “copies” if he would put out some more music :smiley:

How could I forget Promising Youngster

3 Likes

Bonkers good. ( yes i know its aphex but still :stuck_out_tongue: )

3 Likes

Sold my Analord binder :sad:
Kept the vinyl :happy:

My favorite work from him. Took me a while to appreciate it, since I hoped it would sound something close to druqks, which I discovered earlier, but now I‘m most addicted to the Analord series.
It breathes life and electricity like nothing else

4 Likes

A lot of M:C on this.

1 Like

only caught this cos of a reddit post, but some interesting developments and discussion in the vid comments.
i first heard evil at play about 15 years ago… mad that the original creators didn’t realise it had been sampled until 8 years ago!

6 Likes

This is the original song with the original pitch btw:

Thank you for this story, even if it’s not the most glorious indeed. Things seems to have settled now though.

2 Likes

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Rules on sampling other artists songs?

Is someone going to shatter my dreams and tell me it wasn’t actually him talking about mashed potatoes either??

1 Like

“Come on you slug, lets have some Aphex acid”

\aleph _{0} · 29 superposy
2 Likes
1 Like

Midi in the comments section :gift:

2 Likes

Some fun things to learn here even tho I used the Aphex reference mostly to bring people in hahaha. But i’m a disciple so that’s alright I guess.

Thank you @phaelam and @simonbradford :thup:

4 Likes

I was watching the AFX “trash theory” video today and reminiscing over music from a little later on in this era. Some glorious artists inspired by AFX from around the early 2000 era. Best place as any to post these.

2 Likes