AFX disciples

Damn, I’ve been reading the whole topic while holding my phone with Spotify open, subscribing to some that I didn’t know, and wow, these artists have so few listeners, I’m shocked. What a world.

4 Likes

Sounds about right :expressionless:

If I had to analyze those statistical findings I would venture to say that IDM and related music requires a sort of transcendent headspace to actually enjoy it, like enjoying music just for the sake of music itself, because it lacks the usual easily consumable emotional “substance” so present in “normal” music. 🤷 also IDM can really get stuck up it’s own ass with one-uping and machismo (as recently stated by Mr. Bogdan himself), sort of like the daw/tracker editing version of a wanker guitar solo, and often feels like music for musicians rather than “the general public” …

That’s my guess

3 Likes

Rolando Simmons to me would fit this.

3 Likes

We would not be looking for “copies” if he would put out some more music :smiley:

How could I forget Promising Youngster

3 Likes

Bonkers good. ( yes i know its aphex but still :stuck_out_tongue: )

3 Likes

Sold my Analord binder :sad:
Kept the vinyl :happy:

My favorite work from him. Took me a while to appreciate it, since I hoped it would sound something close to druqks, which I discovered earlier, but now I‘m most addicted to the Analord series.
It breathes life and electricity like nothing else

4 Likes

A lot of M:C on this.

1 Like

only caught this cos of a reddit post, but some interesting developments and discussion in the vid comments.
i first heard evil at play about 15 years ago… mad that the original creators didn’t realise it had been sampled until 8 years ago!

6 Likes

This is the original song with the original pitch btw:

Thank you for this story, even if it’s not the most glorious indeed. Things seems to have settled now though.

2 Likes

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Rules on sampling other artists songs?

Is someone going to shatter my dreams and tell me it wasn’t actually him talking about mashed potatoes either??

1 Like

“Come on you slug, lets have some Aphex acid”

\aleph _{0} · 29 superposy
2 Likes
1 Like

Midi in the comments section :gift:

2 Likes

Some fun things to learn here even tho I used the Aphex reference mostly to bring people in hahaha. But i’m a disciple so that’s alright I guess.

Thank you @phaelam and @simonbradford :thup:

4 Likes

I was watching the AFX “trash theory” video today and reminiscing over music from a little later on in this era. Some glorious artists inspired by AFX from around the early 2000 era. Best place as any to post these.

2 Likes