Aftertouch to CC [and into Ableton Live]

Hi guys, I dont know if this message is in the correct subforum…

I’m trying to remap the aftertouch knob to CC 126 with a midi translator program, so i have and extra cc knob.
So far I’ve succesfully remapped the stop button to an empty scene in Live. works great!

I’m able to convert the aftertouch message to CC in a midi translator application, and ableton is receiving the CC, but if I map it to a parameter, and turn the aftertouch knob on the octatrack, the parameter in Live moves to the left, until its set to zero. Doesnt matter in which direction I turn the AT knob on octatrack, the parametr in Live always goes to the left and then it stops at zero.

I dont know much about the midi protocol, so im unable to find a solution!
The aftertouch has a “state 0 to state 127”. Every state is sending out CC 126. The knob on the octatrack is sending out channel aftertouch

MIDI CC message 126 is reserved by the MIDI specification for the “Mono Mode On” channel message. It’s not meant to be used as a normal Control Change message.

You should only remap the OT’s output to a CC message in the range from 0 to 119. I don’t know Ableton Live at all, but if you send it any of CC messages 120 to 127, your results will not be what you expect.

If you want to learn more, go here:
https://www.midi.org/specifications/item/the-midi-1-0-specification

That’s a pretty bad excuse imho.
It’s still a message with a meaning. What if i actually want to send these messages, to (god forbid) change the mode to mono?
I’m sure you understand I’m kindof pissed off at ableton right now. :slight_smile: