After visiting a Behringer fb group. I'm thankful for this community

Reading this thread makes me glad I never did Facebook - well I signed up after persuasion by a relative - logged on a month later and realised my relationship would soon be over if I continued - the other half is anti social media.

I much appreciate this forum. @sezare56 and @PeterHanes especially were amazingly helpful when I first came here with beginners queries about the OT. And I like how many here are helpful to new gear users / beginners without condescension. Constructive criticism of Elektron gear isn’t met with a barrage of dismissal / abuse.

Seems to be a broad church of tastes and levels of experience here - on the whole being very civil and mutually respectful (as long as it’s not discussions about the state of the world which inevitably stir deeply partisan views and acrimony - so I avoid them).

Nice is an overused often vapid word, but it’s nice to be nice! Be well all.

5 Likes

From 2008.

If it was so obvious then, why in Christ is it still so popular now?

7 Likes

Wow. Yeah it’s on point

1 Like

I’ve found in facebuk groups I’ve been in over the years they can be nice environments at first but once they reach a certain number of users they lose that sorta personal village atmosphere n descend into chaos :smile:

3 Likes

Glad these forums exist. For me they have a great balance of information , things I like and entertainment with little to know shit talk. It’s the closet thing for me of social media and I’d like to thank everyone on the forum for it being one of few places I actually feel welcome and safe online.

4 Likes

The digitakt group on Facebook is ok, just folks posting tips and tricks and jams.

1 Like

me too

4 Likes

I have beem in fb groups for every gear I owned and they all were pretty nice I have to say. Helpful and supporting.
It‘s not a fb related thing from my experience

2 Likes

Seen some threads here with people behaving as badly as anywhere. I don’t use fb much, except for some specific interest groups (including Behringer), which it is actually very useful for. Also gotten useful info from GS forum over the years.
It’s all about separating the good from bad and not getting to emotionally caught up in the internet. I mean, we are about making music. Priorities.

3 Likes

Despite my strong feelings against the evil empire that is Beh… Behrrrr… (can’t even say the word), I think it’s just stupid to insult the musicians who use their gear. If it rocks your boat, and yeh it does sound good, then go for it. If I didn’t already have the gear I have, and wasn’t in a position to buy stupidly expensive gear, I’d probably go buy every synth module they made. :metal:

2 Likes

Dipped my toes into that behringer tribe whatever group on fbook and my god what a lawless, godforsaken place. Never again.

2 Likes

It’s a very different thing to insult musicians who use their gear than rolling your eyes at the doofuses who decided to become his “army” online to shitpost how companies (past and STILL OPERATING) that Behringer steals circuit and visual design from are “just greedy”.

I do have a moral quandry about some of the stuff I own and his Elon-Musk grade personality cult, but my issue is not with anyone who can’t afford vintage synths or finds Behringer gear good enough.

2 Likes