After OS Upgrade, 1.3, cannot change projects. also, there's no playback sound

Sorry, I’m extremely new here. If this question is in the wrong spot, or anything like that, I’ll be happy to make whatever changes. Please DM and consider it done.

Anyway, just updated OS to 1.3 on DT. Two large issues:

1. Changing projects. Upon hitting the sprocket key, I’ll then typically go to Project > Load Project > Select Project and wait for it to load. What occurs now, is the load time is extremely fast … because nothing is being loaded. it’s silent

2. Playback Volume. I only had the chance to check this in headphones, but when trying to play any previously written and saved groove (something written before OS upgrade) it’s silent as well.

Troubleshooting tried:
Ensured OB was on
Ensured it was off
Used a different USB cord and performed operation from scratch
Fresh install of new version of OB from yesterday
Fresh install of new version of DT OS 1.3 from yesterday
Power cycling machine
Power cycling computer
I think that’s about it …

I’m using a 2020 Macbook pro (I know, I know … boo), with Logic 10.6.2 - If anyone has any ideas, I’d be super grateful and happy to listen - thanks so so much!!!

Sure you’re not trying to load a blank project with no trigs? Plugged your headphones in ?

Can you see samples loaded into the tracks when looking at the DT’s screen?
The headphones are bypassed when the DT is connected to Overbridge, so first thing to try is turn OB off and try headphones again.

I’m sorry! I replied on my phone and seems it did not come through. Thanks for answering. Can definitely see why you would ask that. Tried with and without phones.

Right, yep! Thanks very much for that suggestion as well. I did OB on with head phones / OB off w/ head phones / OB on into another interface using headphone jack for other interface / same as last but OB off - Super weird, right?!?!? thanks for the help :slight_smile:

All tracks muted?
Backup with new Transfer, and factory reset then reload your projects? Sorry hard to envisage exactly what is going on.

I’ll give that a go! Will report back and thank you so so much! I really hope I didn’t lose that project lol :man_shrugging:

OK, backup anyway, but holf off the reset and let’s fiddle further.

cool! im game to fiddle and thank you for taking the time here - very much appreciated

Maybe this helps? digitakt.mp4 - Google Drive

Oh sorry, also, know where I can grab c6 thank you!!

So part of the problem is I can’t change projects to back up the important one. Am I, honestly, better off wiping this and trying to fly by the seat of my pants at this gig? Genuine question because if this is a super time suck and need to re write the music … OW, that hurts my brain :rofl: thank you so so much!

Is it not possible to revert back to a previous version, back up, then fiddle with the new version?

Have you played with master to int, or turned off any audio routing when experimenting with overbridge ?

As mentioned … normal muting of tracks or used the other mute modes ( purple buttons)

Did u try global mix mode and turn everything down on the mixer page accidentally?

Can you still load the preset patterns and do they work ?

hey sorry guys - I appreciate the help - Is there any way we take down the instructions maybe 2 grade levels, lol? I’m not quite getting it. I apologize because that is no one’s fault but mine and thank you for taking the time once more :slight_smile:

If I’m understanding right, the issue right here with this circumstance, is that I never imported to the DAW - everything had lived in the DT - thanks !

To answer best I can, and pardon me if I make this confusing, I cannot open the project to determine this. Nothing loads/ opens

I mean previous version of digitakt OS

Get C6 , and downgrade to 1.20A
Set Digitakt to USB midi.
Select OS upgrade.
Send sysex.
Had the same problem.

1 Like

Weird.

So when u turn it on, can u check if there are any initial samples loaded, the default drum kit ?

Otherwise I’d suggest downgrading / factory reset / reinstall the new os .
Or fill in ticket with electron support.