After one year playing exclusively on Elektron devices, I think I finally get them : - )

Tight!
I’m doing a similar thing live with a grey trinity but making dubby downtempo.

Would love to see some “how to” videos for transitions n such if you are so inclined:) Especially using scenes.

Take care​:sunglasses::sunglasses:

Really nice ! (music and explanation) I listen to it at least two times per day !
How do you manage backup for this song?

Thanks @RiddimFernandez, I would like to see your sets, do you have any youtube videos?

and don’t worry about “how-to” videos, it will be posted soon on my channel :slight_smile:

Thank you very much @9uile, You made me very, very happy now!!

what do you mean by “backup”?
I save “kits” by the same name on every device, and have a multiple project versions :slight_smile:

When you backup this song to a computer, do you need to backup project for each device ? So, three backups ?

well, at first I was very happy with the Overbridge backup option (total recall) but now I realise there is still no perfect solution for decent bacup management.

so, mostly I save the projects with different names, use Sysex C6 for complete backup, and Overbridge Total recall, hoping that nothing will go wrong :slight_smile:

I really wish that the Elektron release some project management software in the future, so that we can easily move kits and patterns between projects.

Wouldn’t it be simpler to use a file sync software? I’ve been using Allway Sync’n’Go on all my critical folders for ages (I didn’t use it on the OT yet but there’s no reason it shouldn’t work)

1 Like

I’d like to hear/see this :slight_smile:

I really dont know how would I use it on Analog Four and Rytm.
But for the OT, it is really simple, just copy the files from the CF Card, of course

1 Like

well done!! I like your sound, like the composition and like your performance! Inspirational!

Very nice, alot of inspiration in there! Looking forward to more videos :slight_smile:

Thank you @hausland, it makes me very happy that you like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are a few videos of some tracks in my studio on my facebook page… I’ll post some links when I can😎

It’s really easy on OT :slight_smile:

I use Carbon Copy Cloner on the Mac. It backs up the Octatrack every time I mount the Octatrack on the Mac. I also have a separate task that makes an extra copy to an SD card.

This works for anything that mounts as a USB disk on the Mac.

6 Likes

Very good video!

Could you make one on the preparation workflow? How do you start? How do you create and organize patterns? Pattern and program changes? Structure a song?

Thanks

Thanks @Grumo!!!
It will be a real challenge to make a tutorial like that, but I will definitely do it :wink:

1 Like

Yeeeeah! That´s the hardest part for me, setting and preparing things for further tweaking.

1 Like

:star_struck: at 08:22

1 Like