After one year playing exclusively on Elektron devices, I think I finally get them : - )

Really good - plus great video production.

getting a distinct opening credits of ‘House Of Cards’ vibe in the first few minutes, in a good way.
Probably the strings.

Also showcases what a great controllable machine the RYTM is in a live setup.

How you’ve annotated the performance is great.

2 Likes

Thanks @mokomo!!!

especially for the “House Of Cards” reference :slight_smile:
The strings are really fun to play on Roli Seaboard

and yes, Rytm is great for live setup, even though I didn’t dive deep enough into performances and scenes.
it seems to me that “Perf” configuration is more simple on A4.
(or maybe I am too lazy) :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Is it a Roli Equator string patch?

Yes, “String section and Horns” (modified a little bit)

I’m interested in this and can’t quite make it out. So do you always have a (one shot?) rec trig on track 7 set to 16 steps, and then you arm t7 whenever you’re good to go? You must always have a (playback) trig in t7 too right? Also, how do you mute via a scene?

The live recording/looping aspect of the OT remains elusive to me. I’m only able to record and loop in a vacuum–which is fine because I don’t play it live anyway.

1 Like

That is really slick. well done :smiley:

Wow nice! I really like how very live it is!

By turning the volume down to zero (pseudo mute).

2 Likes

The learning curve wasnt nearly as bad as advertised. The workflow of these machines are kinda the best possible way to implement all that they are capable of in a standalone. Wouldnt change a thing, only add.

1 Like

Agreed. My first unit was a MD and I was pleasantly surprised at just how much sense everything made. You have to meet the devices on their own terms, but their own terms are perfectly logical and laid out nicely. Of course you can p lock the depth of an LFO on one trig, why not? And what’s more, why the hell can’t you do this on other boxes?

1 Like

100%

plocking on Push2 is probably the only thing that is more capable, but at that point we’re in the comp and its apples to oranges.

Thanks @steve-b

Thank you @yrn1, I am glad that you liked it.

actually, rec trig is not necessary if you manually press rec on A/B or C/D inputs.
I tried this solution (with rec trig) before, but then you need to arm a track every time you want a new recording, and you cant choose from which source you will record, so I decided to use manual rec, and practically it is the same thing, but faster and you can choose the input.

playback trig on T7 is necessary. and without a need to have a rec trig, you don’t have to worry about deleting the pattern on this track, so you can experiment with trigs.

and, yes, as the @tnussb said, if you want to mute a track on a specific scene, you hold the scene, and turn the volume down, or up respectively if you want to hear the track.

1 Like

How on earth do you get it perfectly in time?

QREC setting ?

1 Like

Yes, exactly!
I have set QREC settings. it is basically the quantization for the recording.
you can access the settings by pressing the desired track, then FUNC and REC1 or REC2

1 Like

nice

Thanks @SynthRatt!! :slight_smile: