After 3 years I finally removed the film from the Digitakt screen

The machine needed a good cleaning so I got a folded paper towel, sprayed just a bit of Windex on a corner of the towel and went to work. I could not get all of the dust specs off of the screen and decided they must be under the film. So, I did it. I removed the film only to find that the dust specs were not under the film, they are under the glass. Even worse, removing the film revealed a scratch that looks to be on the upper right corner of the screen. It bothers me that they put in a scratched screen and never wiped off the dust. Luckily, when I turn the Digitakt on I don’t see the dust specs or the scratch. What I do see is a much brighter, sharper screen. I should have peeled the cover off long ago.

Do you leave your screen protectors on or do you pell them as soon as you get a new unit?

3 Likes

:partying_face:

I peel that shit off before booting, no exceptions.

13 Likes

I first turn on, make checks.
When I’m convinced it operates like advertised off it goes.

5 Likes

if it’s official, I peel

Are you sure that little scratch isn’t just a cat hair on the inside or something along those lines? If you have some allen wrenches or a hex driver you can open it up and blow that stuff out with some compressed air. It’s not too complicated, you just need two hands and a little courage.

2 Likes

DT seems to be the official box for leaving the screen protector on.

to answer OP: i leave mine on… for resale :grimacing:

I still have the screen protector on my model:cycles. Can’t get myself to remove it, but at the same time I cannot logically tell you why that is. My little paradox.

2 Likes

This is the kind of thread I’m here for. I’ve kept mine on and occasionally gone oh no I’ve scratched the screen only to realise I haven’t. Need to check but I think even my MPC has it on which probably makes the touchscreen worse.

1 Like

I peel it off as soon as i’m sure i’ll keep it for a while. A screen with a screen protector feels like a sofa with a plastic cover imo.

3 Likes

I only buy used, except for my E25, which don’t have protectors if I remember correctly? I honestly didn’t even realize there’s a protector, probably because all the previous owners have already removed them :nerd_face:. Will check and if there’s still one left on, I will peel it off for sure.

Congratulations, you’ve just taken your first step into a larger world.

2 Likes

This would make me absolutely irate since I’m OCD about the condition of my gear.

Sofa for sale. Barely used with plastic still on from a smoke free studio
7f8b55483e9228e316cbd027879d3c3d

3 Likes

I don’t even remove the gear from the box!

11 Likes

Protection is no longer needed in a committed relationship.

You two just practice the rhythm method and things will be fine.

4 Likes