AFour....Just like Se7en... What's in the Box?

Hey,

I recently purchased a new Octatrack (Sent back for repairs/replacement due to the perma-demo mode issue) a new Analog Four.

I am starting to wonder if I have purchased two refurbished units…

In the box for the AFour I have:

The Analog Four.
Power Supply
Quick Start Manual
One USB Cable.

That’s it… nothing else. Reading on the Elektron site, they seem to imply the AFour comes with some software/software demos. For example, I want to move some sample packs from the PC to the AFour… But I am not able to find what software I am supposed to use.

The Octatrack came with an owner’s manual.

I have downloaded the PDF versions for both machines.

Am I off in my thinking?

Thanks.

Rich

Can’t say but there are free sound packs including - my favorite - percussion, on the elektron web site. Download elektron tool c6 to load them.

Also, check downstream in this forum for a post from a self identified noob for support and encouragement regarding kit handling.

PS
Do you mean sample packs like ‘samples’ or examples. No samples on a4 but we can always hope.

1 Like

They come already installed on the machine (fatory presets and patterns) for A4. For Octatrack, loopmaster samples should be on your cf card.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply… I meant to say Sound Packs. My bad.
Where do you get the c6? I will look again on the website. I could not find it last time I checked. I have downloaded all of the free Sound Packs.

Thanks

Rich

Found C6. Apparently, I have a difficult time seeing the obvious. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sound packs are found on the Elektron website.

Not at all. If this is your first elektron box, you’ll hear the phrase the elektron way.

Thanks,

I now have the sound packs and C6 worked perfectly.

I used this to help me out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiWMzIy9CBI&t=7s

So back to my original question…

Should I have received a hard copy of the manual. Was there anything missing?

Thanks!

1 Like

YouTube has helped me so much with Elektron stuff

1 Like

Oh man. Samples… That would just be so lovely!

1 Like

No mate.

With the a4 you’ll get

An elektron shoe box

A flimsy quickstart

A cool USB cable

Power pack

A bit of paper talking about over bridge

And the A4.

The shoe box is really cool though. Lots of inspirational quotes on it.

It’s really a very nice package to open.

2 Likes

You can find the full PDF manual on Elektron’s website in the support section.

OT was the last Elektron that shipped with a full manual in print.

1 Like

That’s perfect. Thanks. I bought the Octatrack at the same time. There was the confusion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

On this note, I got the idea from somewhere (perhaps a post on here!) to get a spiral bound print of the A4 manual and so far it has been really useful (after all, the idea was to get away from the computer :slight_smile: )

I had mine printed by a site called Doxdirect and am pretty happy with it, only bad point is there is no laminated cover on the back, but it cost less than £10… might be worth considering!

I was thinking he exact same thing. :slight_smile: Thanks! I am just a bit broke with getting 2/3 of the Dark Trinity in one shot. :wink:

I print the manuals at work when nobody’s looking
I also keep all the sound packs organized and backed up, there’s some good ones at Elektron’s site

1 Like