Adjust audio out level on Digitone

I have connected my Nord Electro to Digitone audio in L+R. I also hooked up Digitone to iPad+Garageband so I can record audio. When listening through Digitone the volume from the Nord is lower in the recording in GarageBand than when playing live. Why?

In the manual I read that your supposed to adjust both left and right input (func+master) but I only can see audio input for left channel. Could this be the problem? I hooked up the cables right and there is audio coming in from both cables I can tell by pull one of them out. I attach a photo on my display where I adjusted audio in level.

it doesn’t look like you have Dual Mono enabled, so the external input is just going to function as a single stereo channel. flick that Dual switch to the right

1 Like

Welcome @PlasticHelmet! @chrisroland, I don’t think they want dual mono. As far as I can tell, Nord Electro puts out a stereo signal. The input level shown here, labelled “INLR” is for both left and right channels, and one control will control both at the same level. The DN/DT manuals are a little confusing on this point. That level looks low to me, but the other thing you have to consider is the output level. “Lower in the recording in GB than when playing live”. The headphone output and main outputs should be at the same level (they are hardwired to the same source, this is not an issue), but you may have the input signal attenuated in GB, or you might be listening on different headphones/speakers.

Thanks for useful info in this! I will check out the levels of output and headphones.

Just wondered about that. Thanks for pointing out!