Adam Jay - Live Techno (MS+OT) - March 2020 + CDM feature

That’s pretty awesome. I need to look into slicing the recorder buffer. I guess you have it continuously recording as opposed to a oneshot trig?

Nope.

I use a one shot recorder trig that i just arm when i want to record (T7+Yes).
You don’t even have to re-slice.

here’s the process. This is an excerpt for a post i made in the latest pickup machines thread

2 Likes

Ah. So you’re not live slicing all incoming audio. Gotcha. That’s something I want to try.

Straight Techno and Dub Techno are not my usual go to’s BUT I just gotta say I listened all the way through this entire set and not once did I feel it was repetitive or losing energy. Damn! @AdamJay you fckn rocked the Model:Samples to DEATH man!! I’m going to give this a few more listens and try to do some more analysis.

Now you can tell (and show) everyone who says you can’t rock an hour long set without a laptop. You rocked over an hour with 95% being the toy / stripped down / fragile / not enough functionality / not professional enough - Model Samples!!

1 Like

67439650f075147948d2f7ecdfd2cc4c

11 Likes

On my 4th listen…I want an OT…:money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Thought I’d echo what @Synj00 said - I wouldn’t usually go near anything like this, it’s just not my bag, but I thought I’d give it a go…still there an hour and fifteen later. Great work.

2 Likes

This is great stuff! Skill for sure.

to be fair to the MS, all the sounds originated there.
OT just makes turning those 14 or 15 patterns into more of a continuous performance.
Unless, though, it’s the performance aspect you want. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I need you to teach me livestream lighting, kplzthx.

2 Likes

Fxckn proper :alien:

CDM did a thing about it.

Added to the title post as well.

11 Likes

Excellent read.

2 Likes

great sound and it felt so good to read this article!

1 Like

Nice interview Adam!

I also like the performance, very dynamic and not repetitive.

Well done!

1 Like

This is awesome, thanks for the breakdown! What you manage to get out of those limitations is really astounding!

2 Likes

Congratulations on the CDM article and thanks for sharing the insights into the workflow, it is very useful to not only hear the banging results but also to read the process to get there.

Cool beans man!

1 Like

As someone who is new to the Electron universe and hardware in general (currently just own a M:S and OP-Z) I’m curious if there is a less expensive hardware option to achieve what the Octatrack is doing in the System Has Failed Us video?

@FrankC,

First, welcome to the forum!

The System Has Failed Us video is all M:S except for some bass eq/comp on the OT and some hardware limiting. So are you just referring to that eq/dynamics processing?

https://youtu.be/1WQYIThiWCg

In that regard, stereo fx pedals like the Platform and a DJ mixer for EQ would get the job done.

Yep exactly - was referring to the eq/dynamics processing. TBH I’m still not quite exactly sure about everything that the Octatrack does (seems almost like its a DAW in a box?), so was wondering if there was anything especially complex happening at the Octatrack level. Thanks for your reply!