Acid Techno with the (grey) trinity

I really like the A4mk2 as an acid synth! The overdrive to the right side of the clock really beefs up the sound and using accents on the sequencer and the ping-pong-ing delay brings out so much life!

And I just enjoy the kicks the Rytm can produce :smile:
The OT is just used as a mixer and I recorded the master out. A friend of mine did the mastering that brought out quite a lot of high frequencies I was missing.

27 Likes

very niceā€¦

I really do like those kind of super-repetitive tracks, where some kind of ā€œsimpleā€ main theme gets carried through the whole track, but it somehow sounds different every 45 seconds.

And as a listener I just enjoy the journey although I donā€™t remember many of the crossings of when and how the track changed its overall mood and timbre.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I do appreciate those impressive melodic big drop super long build up dancefloor hits as well.

But tracks like this one actually make me grab some beers and get on the dancefloor for some hours not knowing (and not caring) if the sun is already up or not.

Well done.

6 Likes

But isnā€™t that almost the principle of techno music? The mechanic repetition of some theme/ groove in combination with the human influence of slowly modulating and evolving respective sounds? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, yes it is :slight_smile:

Iā€™m trying to produce some tracks itb and otb myself, but most of the time I get carried away with some melodic parts here, some build ups thereā€¦

Iā€™m far away from producing professional, maybe thatā€™s why I still get lost in the ā€œmore is moreā€ - attitudeā€¦

But this is exactly why I like your track, it stays focused on its theme.

1 Like

Yeah this sounds great. Sounds professional.

ā€˜Aā€™ principle but probably not ā€˜theā€™ principle ā€¦ if you consider Detroit techno artists the founders. Their early stuff is mostly quite structured (like Electro).

1 Like

I came here for acid and I see youā€™ve had 101 plays. Everything checks out. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This video series (all availble on youtube) for techno-production really helped me on my way. Baybe it works for you, too :slight_smile:

Oh, rightoā€¦ that is probably one of the techno sub-genres I gave the least attention.

maybe it will even reach 303 in some time :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

damn, this sounds awesome!
do you have a youtube channel?

1 Like

Thank you so much :slight_smile:
No, I donā€™tā€¦ But maybe will one day upload a video of a live set ā€“ weā€™ll see :wink:

1 Like

This is excellent!

1 Like

Almost flatters me :wink:

I played the same song again in a live set last week (starting at 1:03:39) :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not so shure if i kept all the songs that ā€œsimpleā€, as @manolo mentioned, or if some might be too busy.

3 Likes

I made my first EP from the patterns in the previously mentioned live set :slight_smile:

Cheers

1 Like