Accidentally lost pattern in MM

So I was jamming and holding down the function key to toggle on/off tracks and accidentally pressed the ‘clear’ button whilst doing so.

Lost the entire pattern! It was one of my best tunes

Is there a way to recover it? Seems like it’s something that would be fairly common especially in a jamming scenario (to accidentally press FUNC + PLAY)

There really should be a way to hard save patterns … so one can mess around with the pattern during jamming and then revert to what’s originally saved … or does that actually exist already within song mode?

Is say the Octatrak sequencer a lot better than the MM’s? I’m assuming there have been a lot of accidental patterns cleared worldwide. Wondering if this has been updated in the Octatrak sequencer.

May I suggest an ‘Are you sure? Y/N’ for when ‘Clear’ is pressed (this ‘sub menu’ can be toggled on somewhere in global).

PS I’ve probably already lost the undo data

1 Like

If you press clear again it will undo. Assuming you didn’t do any other action.

1 Like

if you’ve got something good going and you’re going to jam and edit it in the moment; always wise to make a back up copy and paste somewhere just in case. but ya you lost it. rite of passage and now hopefully you’ll spring into func+clear to undo next time.

2 Likes

haha, how true

The Octatrack is no different. Always make pattern copies when working on Elektron units, always.

1 Like

Thanks. Haha rite of passage. Maybe this should be stickied somewhere for newbies

honestly, it’s just part and parcel of working with hardware imho