Access Virus C Patch/Bank Question

Hi everyone,

My Virus C came with 2 banks of RAM (A and B) that are filled with factory patches. This is then followed by banks C-H, which are ROM banks that can’t be overwritten. I decided to set the RAM banks (A and B) as all INIT patches since those exact patches are duplicated in banks C and D anyways.

My question: Is there a way to copy a patch from bank C and paste it in to bank A? I’d like to cherry pick a few of my favorite presets and go from there, but it seems like you can only copy and paste a patch within its own bank? For what it’s worth i’m doing this all in the machine and not using the VC editor or mystery islands as I don’t have the proper cables for that.

I have a TI and haven’t had a C for many years but I think it’s the same.

On the TI you just go to the patch you want to copy and press the “store” button and then navigate to the location you want to store it. I don’t remember there being limitations on what bank.

Yeah, i’m just confused because the button you use to switch in between banks (“parameter”) gets repurposed for naming the patch after you hit “store”. I’m probably just overlooking something really dumb and simple.

I have the Corona Virus TI but it should be the same. Turn this knob to select a RAM bank.

2 Likes

Damn dude, I bet that’s got some sick tones. Access has been kicking it up a notch.

Thanks for the help! I can’t believe I overlooked that :angel:

1 Like

Definitely ill-sounding for sure! No worries, I can see why you would gravitate towards the parameter buttons since that’s the most logical for switching banks (it even says “banks” on the screen print).

1 Like